Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
i'm not saying go nuts, but for the next 5 years do whatever it takes and live with the consequences later. the way the cap jumps every year it's not like it would be horribly painful to fix later on anyway. my biggest concern is Rodgers getting to the point that he quits out of frustration. you ready to have randy wright 2.0 more sooner than later?
Nothing I've ever heard from AR suggests he's going to quit bc of frustration. Even his all-in comments at seasons end were suggestively positive. "We just have to make sure....". And just recently he talked up Brady and his workout regiment to stay healthy. If AR can stay healthy he'll play, imo.

Now don't get me wrong, I want a positive attitude from AR while he plays. But as long as TT is active in FA (which nobody can say he hasn't been, this off season), I think that'll keep AR happy. His all-in comment seems to have woken TT. Bc let's be honest, teams can't go all-in every year by definition. You can argue spending every last dime every season, but even AR knows some of that money is going to his next contract and Davante's etc, so its not realistic. As long as TT continues to utilize FA like he has done this off season, AR will be happy and hopefully play well into his 40s.