More of this 4-3 subterfuge, lol...

They are not running a 4-3, what you are seeing is a 3-4 Elephant.

Pete Carroll said the Seahawks run a 4-3 with 3-4 principles... define the principles however you want, at least he's telling the truth about the alignment b/c he always has 4 DL with their hand in the dirt.

What Capers has been running is an Elephant with only 3 DL having their hand in the dirt - it is a 3-4 with 4-3 principles.

At the end of the day, it comes down to gap responsibilities - and since the Packers no longer have any 2-gap DL, even when we are in a standard 3-4 alignment, it is going to be a 3-4 with 4-3 principles, i.e. each DL/LB is responsible for a gap, and staying disciplined and controlling their assigned gap is the key to winning the LOS.

The Packers managed to do that a little bit yesterday - after initially getting bitch-slapped; still, if not for Daniels, we would likely be looking at 0-2.

I still like our talent up front overall - but dunderdummy simply can't help himself. It's in his nature to abandon run defense; it's in his nature to abandon the middle of the field without any consideration for the LOS; and it's in his nature to play as small and passive as possible up front. That's who the guy is...

It's the Jets, and somehow dunderdummy and MM found a way to embarrass our team and make it a close game. The national sports talk guys are ripping the Packers today - calling us "pretenders". I don't think they understand why we're pretenders, but even the casual fan is catching on to the fact that something is wrong in Green Bay.