Thread: Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Remember that shit second round pick out of Bethune Cookman and the bum we got with that one? Fuck Ted is a moron.

How about giving the kid a chance to show what he's got? granted it's from highlight reels, but he looks fast as hell, aggressive tackler with good ball skills and great body control. It also sounds like he's got that constellation of intangibles Ted loves: smart, loves the game, leader, all that jazz.

This is what I've been thinking. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention this. One thing that stood out for me in reading and listening to reports was the kid's closing speed - his knack for the ball.

And like Collins, when TT drafted him I said "Who the f---- is that???"

Hell, none of us know if he's the next Jarrett Bush or the next reverse Leroy Butler. But I do like how very enthusiastic Ted seemed to be. More so than usual.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And like Collins, when TT drafted him I said "Who the f---- is that???"
    Ya, but until now he's done that for 2nd and later round picks - he stepped up his game by taking a guy in the first no one had ever heard about!

Taking a JUCO guy? Sheesh, how could that possibly work out?

At first glance, you'd think this guy would've been there for the Pack's 2nd round pick, but I remember interviews with other GMs after the draft TT took Collins in. More than one said they had Collins ranked much higher than the 4th or 5th the pundits did, and it was no big surprise he was taken there.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...