Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
I think these free agent signings of TEs who can actually run block may be necessary since the team realizes their OL will probably not be as strong in pass protection compared to recent years. Next year's offense is going to have to be more balanced, or Rodgers will get killed one of these years. Having one TE who can block and be a receiving threat is a nice commodity...having two really opens up a playbook and keeps a defense guessing.

The fact that the contract for Perry was back loaded would suggest that Green Bay is pushing their chips to the center of the table this year. Sitting on millions of dollars in cap space with a QB like Rodgers is stupidity. I don't think you should mortgage your future, but you should procure as much talent as you possibly can. We certainly did not do that last year, and I think Thompson took some grief for it behind closed doors...and rightfully so.
It doesn't matter what they NEED, stubby will NOT run the ball or play action as much as they should. That is what these new TE's strong points are. No point in getting a 3/4 ton diesel truck if you are not going to do any heavy towing.