Thread: Some random thoughts about the team moving forward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    The soon-to-be 37-year-old Peppers is heading into the final month of his contract with the Packers, and admitted he’s been giving thought to playing again next year.“I’m not saying that I don’t want to play next year,” Peppers said, via Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “I’m not saying that I do. I’m just saying that right now, I don’t know. And I’ll figure it out at some point.

I think his time is up on this team.
    Depends at what price.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Depends at what price.
    Yes. His days of playing for 10 million a year are over. But he can still play.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yes. His days of playing for 10 million a year are over. But he can still play.
    Their plan was to save Peppers for the end of the season. He has had a sack in each of the last three games. Maybe their plan is working?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Their plan was to save Peppers for the end of the season. He has had a sack in each of the last three games. Maybe their plan is working?
    Sure, but can you afford to pay a guy 10 million for 6 games? Guys making that kind of money need to be helping you win all season. I'm open to him returning, but the Packers have some salary cap issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Sure, but can you afford to pay a guy 10 million for 6 games? Guys making that kind of money need to be helping you win all season. I'm open to him returning, but the Packers have some salary cap issues.
    Of course not. Wasn't meaning to suggest that he has earned another contract as big as the last. Just agreeing with you that he still can play. The trick is fitting what he can contribute into a teams roster structure and salary cap limitations. A lot of older guys continue playing for quite a few years at a couple million per year. Spot/situational duty seems to work best for DL and LB types. If he wants to play, there are probably a few teams that will be interested. He could end up with 8-10 sacks again this year, and could even lead the Packers in that category by the end of the season. He should be at least their second most productive pass rusher.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I'm bringing Peppers back and I'm not afraid to pay him 4-7M per year for another year. He's one of the few things working on D
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I'm bringing Peppers back and I'm not afraid to pay him 4-7M per year for another year. He's one of the few things working on D
    I'd pay him 4. 7 might be a bit steep. He does seem to have the ability to stay healthy. Probably because he's a great natural athlete. Played basketball at North Carolina. His size is natural, not a result of bulking up.

Maybe 5 mil for peppers..... one year deal.