Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
They paid Lucas $4b. They were always going to take a swing at the Skywalker saga. I’ll take a rehash every day of the week over the jumbled mess of TLJ. Like when Luke was milking the weird lizard things. Or the guy on the salt planet squats down, dabs the ground with a finger, tastes it, then says “salt” and the camera cuts. So many worthless moments. Like Poe completely losing his mind and trying to bomb 1 ship while losing 50 of his own. The whole prank phone call with Hux. I could write a better movie than that thing.

They should have had Kato make a cameo during the chase scene.

Finns side quest was to show the greed of today’s society. https://www.cinemablend.com/news/166...s-so-important

The same reason that Ep 1 was a mess. Keep politics out of my space-cowboy-wizard movies.
The politics were always there, they were just so badly explained that no one paid attention. Until PM when he forced people to listen.

Reversing black and white costumes was a big deal to adults raised on Westerns, not so to kids.

Part of what I relearned in disappointment at Phantom Menace was that Lucasfilm/Disney is making this for kids. The blockbuster audience. Lucas' 70's director obsessions led him to greatly expand the technical wizardry available which upped the audience ages.

I was just happy TLJ tried to do something more than just rehash the first three movies. That he didn't succeed more was not much of a sticking point for me.

But like I said, I think the side projects will thrive with these different approaches, including the Mandolorian, Rogue One and Solo (which also had its flaws but was enjoyable). The best thing to happen will be ending the trilogy of trilogies.