https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicag...aaron-rodgers/

It appears the reality is far different behind the scenes in Green Bay. Things have reached a breaking point inside the organization. According to Bob McGinn of Go Long, the Packers aren’t even contemplating the idea of starting Rodgers for another year. They are tired of the distractions and the unfulfilled promises.

Plans are to move on whether the quarterback chooses to return or not.
“AS OF RIGHT NOW, I’M CONVINCED — BASED ON MY OWN INSTINCTS AND KNOWING THE NFL AND KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ALL THESE DEFEATS AND DISCUSSIONS WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ORGANIZATION, OF THE PACKERS’ INTERNAL DEBATES — THAT THEY ARE DONE WITH RODGERS. THAT’S THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW, THAT HE’S NOT COMING BACK. THEY’RE DISGUSTED WITH HIM AND THEY’RE DONE WITH HIM AND THEY’RE MOVING ON. THIS IS GOING TO INVOLVE MONEY AND A TRADE PARTNER AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS. BUT I’M TOTALLY CONVINCED HE IS NOT GOING TO BE THEIR STARTING QUARTERBACK THIS YEAR…

…IT’S LOVE’S TURN. THE ORGANIZATION’S GOING THAT WAY. AND THAT’S THE WAY IT IS. THIS IS EVERYBODY, I’M TOLD. THIS IS MURPHY. THIS IS LAFLEUR. THIS IS GUTEKUNST. THIS IS THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH. THEY’VE TURNED THE PAGE. THEY DON’T SEE RODGERS AS A GUY WHO’S REALLY WORKING HARD ANYMORE. THEY SEE A GUY WHO — WHEN HE REPORTED THIS YEAR — HIS BODY WASN’T SO-CALLED ‘TIGHT’ AND STRONG AS IT WAS. THEY SEE A GUY WHO BLEW OFF THE OFFSEASON LAST YEAR. … THEY’RE DONE.”

Wow. That certainly explains a lot. Green Bay had largely accepted Rodgers and his quirks because he always showed up in shape and prepared for the season. This time around, he didn’t arrive for off-season activities. When he showed up, he wasn’t in top shape or fully focused. Combine that with his clunker against Detroit in the season finale? It’s not hard to see why the Packers are done.