Thread: Martellus Bennett

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The TEAM would have been farther ahead with Cook. But chalk that up to another TT screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The TEAM would have been farther ahead with Cook. But chalk that up to another TT screw up.
    Bennett is a far superior TE. How often when we have been forced to have Bennett help out our 8th string LT do you think cook could have done it? Cook can't block. He is a glorified WR.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Bennett is a far superior TE. How often when we have been forced to have Bennett help out our 8th string LT do you think cook could have done it? Cook can't block. He is a glorified WR.
    I'll take a glorified WR who was as productive downfield against safeties as Cook was last year.

Your proclamation that Bennett is "far superior" conflicts with Bennett's play so far. So who do I believe, you or my own lying eyes?

It is still early, Bennett heroics may await.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'll take a glorified WR who was as productive downfield against safeties as Cook was last year.

Your proclamation that Bennett is "far superior" conflicts with Bennett's play so far. So who do I believe, you or my own lying eyes?

It is still early, Bennett heroics may await.
    You are a typical fan. You look at TE as a position that is meant to catch passes. I look at it as a position of flexibility. If you want a pass catcher to exploit the safety line up Jordy at TE. Of course the entire defense knows what you are doing in that case.

While I am disappointed that our OL is in such disarray that Bennett has been neutralized as a pass catcher, I am not so naive as to think that we would be better off with Cook. Rodgers likely would have been injured 3 weeks earlier with Cook there.

Cook 9 seasons: 124 games 330/560 catches/targets 4196 yards 18 TD's 8 fumbles
    Bennett 10 seasons: 141 games 425/635 c/t 4500 yards 30 TD's and 4 fumbles And unquestionably a far superior blocker.

Now tell me which one is the better player. Right now Bennett is being forced to stay near the line because Rand is lining up at LT this week.