Thread: Kaepernick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    nope, this has nothing to do with us maybe signing him

in fact, he might have made it so no team will ever sign him now

he went full on nuclear on the nfl today

he and his lawyers filed a collusion grievance against the nfl today, basically saying the whole nfl is banding together to blackball him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-against-nfl/

no biggie, right?

wrong

if they can somehow prove their case that the nfl colluded, then because of some obscure rule in the CBA, the CBA invalidated

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-grievance/

this would cause massive chaos and in the long run cost the owners tons and tons of money

Good luck proving that....

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I wish him 'Good Luck'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Ya, it's a steep hill to climb. Each team independently determining that they do not want the controversy he represents is not collusion. Half the teams can claim they have an established starter or a young QB they see as their future, and therefore have no need for Kaepernick.

Players might want the right to express their opinions however they want, but the flip side is that they have no right to an NFL job, even if arguably they are better than someone who has an NFL job.

I suspect this is a ploy to get the NFL to blink and pay him off, or "encourage" a team to give him a job and make the issue go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ya, it's a steep hill to climb. Each team independently determining that they do not want the controversy he represents is not collusion. Half the teams can claim they have an established starter or a young QB they see as their future, and therefore have no need for Kaepernick.

Players might want the right to express their opinions however they want, but the flip side is that they have no right to an NFL job, even if arguably they are better than someone who has an NFL job.

I suspect this is a ploy to get the NFL to blink and pay him off, or "encourage" a team to give him a job and make the issue go away.
    Well reasoned and well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

I think he's seriously pissed and his Lawyers are setting up for a good fight.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau