Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I think Micahael Sam the player is good enough to still be in the NFL and I don't think its the media circus that cost him that opportunity. Some teams hate distractions but others invite HBO into their house. Two main problems with Sam I think. First, even non-first openly gay players need the right locker room fit. There are probably plenty of GM's who didn't want to shake up their locker room by introducing Sam to it. Secondly I think Sam scared a lot of teams with his use of the media. A media circus you can control is free publicity, but a media circus you can't is nightmarish. What Sam did was honest and brave but the way he invited the spotlight, kissed his bf on national tv, etc. Makes you wonder what he might say about his experience in your franchise in the likely event that he doesn't make your team. Remember all the other GM's have eccentric billionairs to answer to. I don't blame them for thinking Sam's not worth the risk.

I thought he was a good player though. Maybe not quite as good as Shane Ray but IMO Ray was still overdrafted and in a shitty class at that.
    didn't he even have a TV deal set up before he signed? like with oprah or something

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    didn't he even have a TV deal set up before he signed? like with oprah or something
    Oh yeah?

I bet Fish was pissed when he heard that shit.

Good to hear you are running the site now, Red.

I doubt you will fuck it up any worse than anybody else has.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Oh yeah?

I bet Fish was pissed when he heard that shit.

Good to hear you are running the site now, Red.

I doubt you will fuck it up any worse than anybody else has.
    i ain't running shit

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Yes, he signed on for a reality show on Oprah TV - it was dropped pretty quickly and he announced he was going to 'concentrate on football'.

Hindsight 20/20, he shoulda kept the show, he might have something to do right now.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...