Thread: Rodgers not real confident in changes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What's that expression? It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you? Well, it's not "diva" if you really did get left out of the discussion and should have been consulted. Just the same, it really didn't seem like he made a big deal about it - just responding to a "stir up trouble" type question from some media asshole.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Should Rodgers get consulted on coaching staff changes? Do they ask Ty Montgomery if he'd prefer to work with RB coach A or B? Aaron's feelings are hurt because they didn't ask his opinion, but Aaron has thin skin. This particular consult, while it could conceivably happen, is not part of the professional code and he's not entitled to it.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post

Should Rodgers get consulted on coaching staff changes? Do they ask Ty Montgomery if he'd prefer to work with RB coach A or B? Aaron's feelings are hurt because they didn't ask his opinion, but Aaron has thin skin. This particular consult, while it could conceivably happen, is not part of the professional code and he's not entitled to it.
    I agree. Yet I still can't imagine that Rodgers didn't see this coming - or at least know there was a pretty good chance Van Pelt would be gone.

Actually, if you want to prevent more diva behavior, not telling him is probably the right call.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree. Yet I still can't imagine that Rodgers didn't see this coming - or at least know there was a pretty good chance Van Pelt would be gone.

Actually, if you want to prevent more diva behavior, not telling him is probably the right call.
    Yup, easier to apologize than "consult" and ignore.

Yup, easier to apologize than "consult" and ignore.
    You don't ask, you give him a heads up and let him vent.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You don't ask, you give him a heads up
    I agree.

But not renewing his contract is a pretty good tell.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I tend to think you should, even if it feeds into a sense of entitlement, because if you are going to avoid Favre-A-Polooza redux in 2022, you need a good working relationship.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I tend to think you should, even if it feeds into a sense of entitlement, because if you are going to avoid Favre-A-Polooza redux in 2022, you need a good working relationship.
    If you consult with him and then decide to go in a different direction from what he wants, you risk creating an even bigger Palooza. You go from ignore to diss. I dunno, maybe this is an offshoot of the supposed rift between AR and MM: the QB coach position is one of the tentacles used by the head coach to keep the QB in line, and the QB resents being told what to do.