Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post

The Seahawks have never played a noon game at home.
    I didn't know that, and I used to live out there. I remember in 2000 they were playing their games (late) at Huskie stadium. I used to drive by Holmgren's house on Mercer Island with Packer flags on my car every time the Seahawks lost/Packers won.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    This is the kind of game where McCarthy will look to be aggressive with his game management. Unless the Packers go up early and stay there, I think something unusual will happen and it'll be based on a decision by McCarthy.
    Like BB calling Edelman's pass last week... Of course that could go badly, but let's not think about that.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    It's a noon game out West and a 2p game LFT (Lambeau Field Time). That's an hour earlier than they usually start. Maybe that could have an impact but I don't see it. If it were a 10a game in Seattle (noon LFT) that could be different...

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    It's a noon game out West and a 2p game LFT (Lambeau Field Time). That's an hour earlier than they usually start. Maybe that could have an impact but I don't see it. If it were a 10a game in Seattle (noon LFT) that could be different...
    I'm hoping some of 'em oversleep, and miss the first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The Packers are really in a good spot. They've got the league's best offense, their best OL, the (hobbled) MVP, a good running game and a much improved defense. Their defense can play well without relying on turnovers. Special teams still sucks but it is what it has been -- a liability that often leaks field position. And yet, they're getting very little respect in the media. Tanier might have been the most positive about their chances in this game and picked them to lose by 2. This is the moment where M3 thrives.
    It absolutely blows my mind the level of disrespect the Packers are getting. Scrolling through ESPN's picks, only 2/30 picked the Packers to win. You'd think we are the Bucs or something. There's no doubt Seattle is very good; but, other than the Sanchize-led Eagles, they haven't played a good offense in about 3 months.

Week 6-Dallas 5th in PPG
    7-@STL 21
    8-@CAR 19
    9-OAK 31
    10-NYG 13
    11-@KC 16
    12-ARZ 24
    13-@SF 25
    14-@PHI 3
    15-SF 25
    16-@ARZ 24
    17-STL 21
    DIV-CAR 19
    Go PACK

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I know in the vast scheme of things, the number of folks picking one team over another don't mean shit, but I would much rather be an overwhelming underdog than an overwhelming favorite. Especially for this game where both teams are good.

I should mosey over to the seahawk forums and see if I can get any cross country bets, walleye, venison or wild rice for maybe some salmon??

We are going to break their hearts and wreck their dreams. They are going to be shocked and fucking awed by the completeness of this Packer team.

I feel it, honestly, we've got this game!!!!!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    It absolutely blows my mind the level of disrespect the Packers are getting. Scrolling through ESPN's picks, only 2/30 picked the Packers to win. You'd think we are the Bucs or something. There's no doubt Seattle is very good; but, other than the Sanchize-led Eagles, they haven't played a good offense in about 3 months.
    I don't think people care about that. Shutting down Philly was enough. Plus the memories of Seattle obliterating Denver are still fresh, and so are the memories of week one. Until the king is overthrown, he's still the king.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    The Packers haven't proven they can beat anyone that actually matters. I love the Pack but we don't have the bullets in the gun to take down the Hawks. I think we hang in for the 1st quarter but then the Hawks pull away as Jones gets trucked by Lynch and he goes for 6,
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    The Packers haven't proven they can beat anyone that actually matters.
    If only Seattle matters, I agree.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    What a setup for an epic win by the packers sunday, almost 50% of the rats are picking seattle. I don't like all the rats (with vaginas) jumping ship, but it will help make another legendary chapter in Packer history.

We are gonna win dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    What a setup for an epic win by the packers sunday, almost 50% of the rats are picking seattle. I don't like all the rats (with vaginas) jumping ship, but it will help make another legendary chapter in Packer history.

We are gonna win dammit.
    where are 007, Zig, easy cheesy, mazzin etc.? You'd think they'd drop in just to see what's happening during NFCC week.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If only Seattle matters, I agree.
    They're the only one that matters this week.

The Packers haven't proven they can beat anyone that actually matters. I love the Pack but we don't have the bullets in the gun to take down the Hawks. I think we hang in for the 1st quarter but then the Hawks pull away as Jones gets trucked by Lynch and he goes for 6,
    First, the Packers had to prove themselves by beating the Eagles. They destroyed them.

Then, the Packers had to prove themselves by beating a Patriots team that many had as the best in the league. They won that game and never trailed from start to finish.

Then the Packers had to prove themselves against a physical Lions team that beat them up earlier in the year, with the Conference title on the line. They won that game even though Rodgers went out for 8 minutes and played hurt.

Then the Packers had to prove themselves against the sexy upset pick Cowboys with their big, bad OL and 3 MVP candidates behind that line. They won that game with a hobbled quarterback.

The Packers were 3-1 against teams that played in the divisional and 1-1 against teams that are playing this weekend. Unfortunately the 1 is the team that they play next.

This is another test, the toughest yet, but this Packers team has hit a lot of checkmarks they haven't been able to hit over the last few years. I think that we're going to see a team that puts up one hell of a fight on both sides of the ball and might just be able to pull the upset. It's just something the greats have to do sometimes. I'm not saying they're among the greats but they've got a great shot, starting this weekend.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Lost to the pathetic Bills who played two high safety all day and exposed this offense. Got crushed by the Sea chickens in their house, got embarrassed against the Saints and didn't beat a decent team on the road all season. It's all over except for the body bags.
    Last edited by Tony Oday; 01-16-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    where are 007, Zig, easy cheesy, mazzin etc.? You'd think they'd drop in just to see what's happening during NFCC week.
    If she followed Bretsky's sex advice, she's probably got too many kids to go on the internet anymore. Or she's dead. Either way.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

THEY'RE NOT A MACHINE!

Lost to the pathetic Bills who played two high safety all day and exposed this offense. Got crushed by the Sea chickens in their house, got embarrassed against the Saints and didn't beat a decent team on the road all season. It's Iverson except for the body bags.
    Lost to the Bills because Jordy dropped a sure TD pass, and because Rodgers didn't see Jordy on another play running wide open on a broken coverage. An anomaly.

Lost to the Seahawks at a time when the Packers just weren't very good. They were lucky to avoid an 0-3 start. The current Packers don't resemble the team that played in Seattle.

The loss to the Saints was the last game before making the switch with Matthews which transformed the defense. The Packer team that matters is 8-1 with a blowout win over the Eagles and wins over the Patriots, Lions and Cowboys. That's pretty good.

Tony's gone all Randy Quaid in Major League on us.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The Packers are really in a good spot. They've got the league's best offense, their best OL, the (hobbled) MVP, a good running game and a much improved defense. Their defense can play well without relying on turnovers. Special teams still sucks but it is what it has been -- a liability that often leaks field position. And yet, they're getting very little respect in the media. Tanier might have been the most positive about their chances in this game and picked them to lose by 2. This is the moment where M3 thrives.
    Its crazy. So many of the 'experts' think because Rodgers has a sore calf we somehow have morphed into the Jacksonville Jaguars or Oakland Raiders.