Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Certainly not my 2nd favorite team. That aside, where to begin. We are watching a team where 10/11 players on offense are on rookie deals. They will be inconsistent. I won't bother with Barry as that horse is dead.

One of the Love picks was egregious. The final one, the DB stuck his hand in Watson's chest to push him away and get leverage for the pick. Clear as day PI that wasn't called.

At some point Love is going to have to decide its impossible to overthrow Watson and just let it fly. Trying to loft one in there isn't working. Let the guy run under a true bomb.

The D wasn't awful, but the Raiders offense is so take that for what its worth.

JH makes a valid point that the refs were strangely excited to call illegal man downfield on our screens. So much so that they botched the first one. More later. Dogs gotta walk, I need coffee and so on.
If it's possible the offense seems to be regressing. That was ineptitude of the highest (or lowest) order. Lots of it is rookies who make mistakes - I noticed both Kraft and Sims completely, completely whiffing on blocks a few times. Dropped passes. Love, well, it's hard to judge except that he sure can't throw the long ball.

The defense - giving up seventeen is no sin, but it's almost a certainty now that when the Packers (finally) score and get a lead, the defense will immediately allow the opponent to go down the field and score. That's deflating.

Rudy Ford isn't afraid to hit someone. Kesean Nixon isn't, either, but he plays poor angles in coverage. Who knew Quay Walker would be the heartbeat of that defense? I'm also bummed that TJ Slaton, for whom I had hopes, would turn into just a guy. Devonte Wyatt has been disappointing. This defense has no identity, zero. And yes, there's more on them because the offense is so poor.

I was also hopeful for Daniel Whelan, and maybe he'll develop as he is a rookie, but he's not been really good - and that's in the warmer weather.

We knew this would be rough. And it has been.