View Poll Results: What is a fair profit for an average NFL owner?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 - They make their money when they sell the team.

1 3.45%
  • $10 M max. Similar to players on their second contract

0 0%
  • $10 - $20 M. Like a top line veteran player

0 0%
  • $20 - 30 M. As much as the highest paid players

2 6.90%
  • $30 - 40 M. A bit more than the top players

2 6.90%
  • $40 M+. Its a huge investments in a wildly successful business. A solid return is deserved.

24 82.76%

Thread: What is a fair profit for an NFL owner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Actually Patler, I think they should divvy up 6 million and lower prices for the fans...
    Why should they? The fans have shown a willingness to pay even more. It wouldn't surprise me if the NFL in the very near future goes to a significantly expensive pay-per-view, especially if the players get a favorable decision in the current negotiations. That's where the technology is right now anyway.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Why should they? The fans have shown a willingness to pay even more. It wouldn't surprise me if the NFL in the very near future goes to a significantly expensive pay-per-view, especially if the players get a favorable decision in the current negotiations. That's where the technology is right now anyway.
    Agreed. I've believed that for several years, ever since an NFL marketing guy made the comment quite a few years ago already that it is fundamentally unfair for one fan to have to pay lots of money to attend a game in person, and for another fan to get it completely free at home. His conclusion was that something, just a small amount, would be "fair" to be able to watch from home.

I think their plans may have been a bit delayed when the NFL Network wasn't greeted with open arms and open checkbooks by the cable companies/fans. But they have their inroad, and we are being indoctrinated.