View Poll Results: FOR THE RECORD......HOW WOULD YOU JUDGE DOM CAPERS ??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I subscribe to Wistology. Dom Capers is a moron and should be fired yesterday

9 27.27%
  • Dom is an Average DC and does a decent job utilizing the talent Ted gives

21 63.64%
  • He's the Dominator and excels as a DC.

3 9.09%

Thread: WHAT IS YOUR VIEW OF DOM CAPERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When the Packers finally found a defense in the late 80s with Infante (his second year only) and then Ray Rhodes arrived with Holmgren, the Packers were running a 3-4.

Prior to the Super Bowl year with Shurmur's 4-3 Under, Rhodes had some of the best Packer defenses since Lombardi I believe. This happened before the Browns vacated their ancestral home, so I could easily be dead wrong but I think that is the gist of it. Of course all this followed some of the worst defensive play man has ever seen in the 1980s.

Its not scheme as much as personnel with the Packers. Ted has not hit as many triples on D as he has on O.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    When the Packers finally found a defense in the late 80s with Infante (his second year only) and then Ray Rhodes arrived with Holmgren, the Packers were running a 3-4.

Prior to the Super Bowl year with Shurmur's 4-3 Under, Rhodes had some of the best Packer defenses since Lombardi I believe. This happened before the Browns vacated their ancestral home, so I could easily be dead wrong but I think that is the gist of it. Of course all this followed some of the worst defensive play man has ever seen in the 1980s.

Its not scheme as much as personnel with the Packers. Ted has not hit as many triples on D as he has on O.
    I'll be the first to agree it's players that make the difference and not the smarts of the Defensive Coach.

However, defensive philosophy sure makes a difference as to what kind/type of players TT drafts. We've been drafting highly rated OLB's and lower rated defensive linemen IMO.

I'd kill for a Ngata or a Suh in the middle of our DL.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers