Thread: Packers/Houston Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    My comment is completely off the wall and possibly controversial, but it might contain a germ of truth...I worry that the Claymaker may be heading down the Hawk path. Both Hawk and Clay are similar athletes in that they maximize their athletic gifts by intense training, etc. When this max training loses its effectiveness due to age (or because of constant injury), these exceptional players come back down to earth.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
    Yes. Same might be true with Nelson. But like the first two years with Hawk falling off the cliff, want to see them healthy too. Clay still has his burst, but no top end with that hammy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes. Same might be true with Nelson. But like the first two years with Hawk falling off the cliff, want to see them healthy too. Clay still has his burst, but no top end with that hammy.
    There is one other difference. Hawk could be counted on to be on the field to play. Clay not so much, well unless someone tells him they are shooting a commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    There is one other difference. Hawk could be counted on to be on the field to play.
    You say that like it was a good thing.