Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't think it's a fair assessment to throw our hands up and attribute Rodgers' struggles against Seattle as "oh he was injured and facing a good team." Too high level.

We saw what we saw, and it was uncharacteristic sloppiness from him. On the first interception, Rodgers customarily confirms whether the offsides flag was actually thrown before he takes the shot deep. In this particular instance, he did not. I don't know what happened on the second one, but I hadn't seen such bad communication throughout the season. It was a bad time for it to show up then. It seems weird that a player could be so stellar with avoiding interceptions throughout the season, and then make two really bad unforced errors (unless it was only on Cobb). There were also other unforced misses - the big one to Cobb over the middle and the short throw also to Cobb that prevented the first down.

I pretty much have no way to prove this, but I do think that Rodgers can start to play tight in the playoffs if things aren't going his way (sometimes he breaks out of it though once he gets into rhythm). In the regular season, I see an easy-going and relaxed player, but in the playoffs, I see him yell at himself more and look skyward. Tightening up can cause him to miss passes he normally makes routinely.

This is obviously not to say that he isn't the best player in the NFL - he is. There is nobody I'd rather have at QB probably ever.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    On the first interception, Rodgers customarily confirms whether the offsides flag was actually thrown before he takes the shot deep.
    Please provide some evidence of this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In past cases, it has been evident (to me) that he knows the flag has been thrown. Offsides flags would ordinarily be visible to the quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    In past cases, it has been evident (to me) that he knows the flag has been thrown. Offsides flags would ordinarily be visible to the quarterback.
    OK, what was evident?

Flags are thrown from the sidelines on the LOS yard marker. They can often be delayed. The only time Rodgers does't throw is if the Ref or Ump blow the play dead (unabated to QB or similar). How does this square with he knows the flag has been thrown?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jesus, it is the quarterback's responsibility to see the flag and be sure it is a penalty before just chucking up a ball that is likely to be picked. In your eyes is the quarterback responsible for anything in a football game?

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Jesus, it is the quarterback's responsibility to see the flag and be sure it is a penalty before just chucking up a ball that is likely to be picked. In your eyes is the quarterback responsible for anything in a football game?
    Please cite your source. Rodgers avoids INTs at a historic rate. What logic or evidence is there that this rule exists anywhere other than your imagination?

Please cite your source. Rodgers avoids INTs at a historic rate. What logic or evidence is there that this rule exists anywhere other than your imagination?
    Yes he does avoid interceptions at an historic rate, his interception rate would be worse if he just chucked up prayers assuming there were defensive penalties. Do you watch NFL games? Why would you ever assume a penalty in the NFL seriously? I don't need a source, there are no sources on something that obscure and obvious. It's logic. Do you have source stating that its not the qb's responsibility to be sure its a penalty? So let me get this straight, if an NFL qb THINKS there should be a defensive penalty, he should finish the play as though there is one, and is therefore absolved of any responsibility for the outcome of that play?

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Yes he does avoid interceptions at an historic rate, his interception rate would be worse if he just chucked up prayers assuming there were defensive penalties. Do you watch NFL games? Why would you ever assume a penalty in the NFL seriously? I don't need a source, there are no sources on something that obscure and obvious. It's logic. Do you have source stating that its not the qb's responsibility to be sure its a penalty? So let me get this straight, if an NFL qb THINKS there should be a defensive penalty, he should finish the play as though there is one, and is therefore absolved of any responsibility for the outcome of that play?
    I do watch games and I even get replays from behind the helmet of the QB. What he can see: the defensive end jumping off-side. What he cannot see: the line judge thirty yards to his right.

I do watch games and I even get replays from behind the helmet of the QB. What he can see: the defensive end jumping off-side. What he cannot see: the line judge thirty yards to his right.
    Okay, fine. That's just a minuscule aspect of the overall point: uncharacteristic sloppiness.

Rodgers was not himself this game for some reason.

It's his responsibility to glance to the side, or notice a flag peripherally before just chucking it up. I'll ask in a different way...is it a sound decision as a quarterback to assume anything in the way of penalties? Have you ever seen a qb giftwrap a turnover, simply because he THOUGHT there was a defensive penalty? And you really would think well, aw shucks, he thought there should be a flag so it's not his fault. If Sam Shields thought he saw a hold on the offensive line, then let his man blow by him for a touchdown would you consider that his fault?
    There is a lot of grey area in this game with the calf, play calling, and scheme. But if you can't admit that pick to Sherman was a mistake on Aaron's part, then I think you just have to own you are blinded by some agenda that I don't understand.