Thread: Why Packers should keep Clay Matthews in 2018.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The Packers have no business drafting anything but BPA.

Plug all the emergency holes with FA as cap permits but for godsakes use the draft to reel in a star with a rookie contract at any position.
    There are some positions that can be eliminated from 1st round consideration though:

QB: You have Rodgers
    TE: Nobody rated that high
    G: Can find them later
    C: See Guard
    ILB: Nobody rated that high

Pretty could chance there will be an OLB, WR, OT or CB worthy of the 14th pick.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    There are some positions that can be eliminated from 1st round consideration though:

RB is stacked, wouldn't pick a WR that high unless it's a Moss talent.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    RB is stacked, wouldn't pick a WR that high unless it's a Moss talent.
    What about Calvin Ridley? they need to figure out what to do at WR -- they have Davante and a bunch of #3/#4 level WRs, and that's not good enough even with Rodgers IMO.

(I ask that even though I agree with most that CB and especially pass rush need help.)

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    What about Calvin Ridley? they need to figure out what to do at WR -- they have Davante and a bunch of #3/#4 level WRs, and that's not good enough even with Rodgers IMO.

(I ask that even though I agree with most that CB and especially pass rush need help.)
    I would not draft a 6'1" WR in the first round, I know dumb to think that, but if you are burning a top pick I want a 6'4" WR that runs a 4.4 40.

CB is the TOP need but I think that is a Free Agent Need, King will be decent (I hope) Randall is a headcase but played OK toward the end and we have Rollins and I am pretty sure a couple of undrafted CBs that will turn into Shields and Tramontana I hope.

I don't know how much a difference the 4-3 is between the 3-4 at OLB but we need a pass rush and I would be ok an actually happy to see us switch but that would mean drafting a stud, pass rushing DE. I just don't know where Clay would play.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Or Safety. Unless it's Nick Collins, the position isn't a game changer.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar

What about Roquan from Georgia, Joe? He could be a Kuechly type.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    What about Roquan from Georgia, Joe? He could be a Kuechly type.
    Boards are all over the place on him right now. I've seen him rated from #5 overall to a 2nd round pick. So he could be gone before the Packers pick, or he could be a reach at # 14. He's not at the Senior Bowl, so he'll be one to watch at the Combine.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 01-18-2018 at 09:43 AM.