Thread: Official Randall Cobb FA Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't want to lose Cobb either but I think this is a little melodramatic.
    Completely disagree. Unless we have someone of equal talent or production I think our offense loses a lot of potency. Cobb scores tds and converts 3rd downs. Our defense isn't going to be lights out any time soon so we need fire power. I doubt a rookie or a 2nd year guy who contributed zilch last year can replace that. We aren't contenders with a diminished offense in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Completely disagree. Unless we have someone of equal talent or production I think our offense loses a lot of potency. Cobb scores tds and converts 3rd downs. Our defense isn't going to be lights out any time soon so we need fire power. I doubt a rookie or a 2nd year guy who contributed zilch last year can replace that. We aren't contenders with a diminished offense in my opinion.
    You can't build a team and keep the cap in shape with a "this player is almost indispensable, we won't make the Super Bowl without him" approach. Maybe for you QB and maybe for one player on the Defense. But certainly not a WR.

Woodbuck earlier (weeks ago) said he wanted Cobb signed _now_ for $8.5 million per over four years. He apparently wants $9 mil per. At exactly what price do you advise the Packers to say no to?

Or should the Packers tag him?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I doubt a rookie or a 2nd year guy who contributed zilch last year can replace that. We aren't contenders with a diminished offense in my opinion.
    Are you considering Adams to be the guy who contributed zilch, or are you talking about Janis and Abbrederis?

[QUOTE=Patler;829463]Are you considering Adams to be the guy who contributed zilch, or are you talking about Janis and Abbrederis?[/QUOTE

I meant zilch literally.