View Poll Results: What is a fair profit for an average NFL owner?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 - They make their money when they sell the team.

1 3.45%
  • $10 M max. Similar to players on their second contract

0 0%
  • $10 - $20 M. Like a top line veteran player

0 0%
  • $20 - 30 M. As much as the highest paid players

2 6.90%
  • $30 - 40 M. A bit more than the top players

2 6.90%
  • $40 M+. Its a huge investments in a wildly successful business. A solid return is deserved.

24 82.76%

Thread: What is a fair profit for an NFL owner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    If an NFL team is worth 600 million (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_d...NFL_teams_cost - I know this isn't research, it was the first article I could find on a 5 second google search) and they make a yearly profit of just 5% that is about 30 million. I know absolutely nothing about what should be expected to be made in regards to percentages in businesses but I would think a profit of 5-10% of what it is worth yearly sounds about right. So a team like the Vikings worth 600 million should expect a yearly profit anywhere from 30 million to 60 million.
    Why should I start a business, risk my capital, burn out my mind for 5% when I can invest in condos and make 7%? You have a skewed idea of what a business should make. In fairness to you, you admitted as much, right before imposing judgement on what sounds about right. Try 20% or more. Definately more if you incurred debt to build said business.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Why should I start a business, risk my capital, burn out my mind for 5% when I can invest in condos and make 7%? You have a skewed idea of what a business should make. In fairness to you, you admitted as much, right before imposing judgement on what sounds about right. Try 20% or more. Definately more if you incurred debt to build said business.
    I think this is incredibly key. Too few people are pointing this out. The owners who have invested heavily in a team, I think, should be making way more than the top employees.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.