Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Signing replacement level talent isn't a strategy I am very fond of that is true.

Foles has worked out OK for an Eagles team playing great ball, but until today I did not see him win the games.

We'll see what the Patriots find in his now four weeks of film.

Signing Foles is just garden variety shuffling of dreck. Developing Hundley promised much more. The failure for the Packers was the latter, not the former. Though I'll admit losing your starting QB in Week 14 makes a veteran backup look more attractive than a young vet making his first start.
I agree with most of this except for the fact that you did have evidence of Foles playing well in a collection of actual regular season NFL games. That of course you address by your critique of the Packer staff thinking that Hundley was ready (did they really believe this? Or were they just crossing fingers that Rodgers didn't get hurt/didn't want to put money and time into a vet QB).

Either way, you're kinda wasting time replying to Yeti. His first troll post was a strawman. People here who acknowledge TT's indisputable top 5 GM performance over his career don't dispute that there are other ways to build successful teams.