Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
So now you're contending that the LB's are junk, and the DL is junk??

Daniels was about the only player in the front six that was used properly!!

They only played base 20% of the time, 2-4 65% of the time, the rest I guess was some form of dime or psycho.

They should have played more base, which would have been made up of Wilson, Pickett, and Jolly - saving Raji, D. Jones, Daniels, and Perry for pass rushing situations. As it was, Raji wore down, Perry was misused, and Jones, et al were nagged by injuries.

Wilson never played, Pickett was misused, Raji overused and misused, etc.

As I've been saying, I give the players a huge pass on accountability - if I were playing in that front, I'd be demoralized too. After reading that article and seeing Trgovac's comments, I have to put him right up there with Capers for accountability. It would seem Trgovac and Capers are in agreement that the scheme has never been the problem; in their view, the players are the problem.

After reading that article I've now reversed my prediction that they will turn things around on defense - I now think we'll see more of the same. Trgovac basically said, "... it's all the fault of the players".

If he can't see that those guy were misused, then he needs to be sent packing - yesterday.
What is your beef with Trgo's comments?

Quote on

Will the Packers employ more of an up-the-field, one-gap scheme than its more common two-gap look?

"Maybe a little bit," said Trgovac. "But we still have that (two-gap) in our system. And we didn't two-gap as much as people think we two-gapped. We'll have to see what (Capers) gravitates to more."

Quote off.

I definitely agree that many posters on here don't understand 2 gap and one gap schemes. We mainly 2 gap at the zero technique. Our best 2 gap dudes were JJ and Pick. What I don't understand is why we didn't sign one of 'em. I know their results were lack lustre, but damn, they could shove guys around. Only Daniels has that talent in this bunch and he'll wear down at a much quicker rate bc he is a lone bone. I think they should give Ryan or JJ (if medically possible) a second look.