Thread: More Banjo - Packers Beat F***in' Bears

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I haven't been this nervous during a game for a long time.

Seems strange they only scored 17 points with all the great offensive performances.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I haven't been this nervous during a game for a long time.

Seems strange they only scored 17 points with all the great offensive performances.
    Same.

This was one of those games where if a team hangs around for long enough, they can win on a freak play of some kind.

Packers very easily could have had 14 more points on the board if not for a great pass break up by the CHI db and if Melton moved that ball a hair less.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Same.

This was one of those games where if a team hangs around for long enough, they can win on a freak play of some kind.

Packers very easily could have had 14 more points on the board if not for a great pass break up by the CHI db and if Melton moved that ball a hair less.
    Yeah the Bears hung around a lot longer than they should have. Give them credit for being a tough out - I think they will be on the rise as well, and we could have a real rivalry with them once again.
    I thought the refs called a weird game. Reviews and calls did not go GBs way often.

Justin Fields and Co. didn't run wild, and DJ Moore didn't go off for crazy yardage either. Seems like they had Valentine on him quite a bit, which should have been a mismatch. The pass rush got to Fields -- seemed like Preston, Brooks, and others were bothering him while also providing some level of contain on him and rushing his mental clock. Flowers for Barry for actually calling some aggressive plays and containing an offense who put up 27 or more points in 3 of their previous 4 games. That said, the defense still has weaknesses and I don't trust them. Even on that 3rd and 22 late in the game I was nervous. Nice end to his tenure here, but it should be enough to keep him. (PLEASE DON'T KEEP HIM)

Lots of stars on the offense today - Jones, Reed, Wicks, etc. OL held up pretty well against an improving front. 1 sack on Love and his jersey looked pretty clean today.
    Speaking of Jordan Love, his star is certainly rising. Completing just over 84% of your passes and not throwing a pick against a team that's been very ballhawking lately - on over 30 attempts - is really astonishing. If he plays like this going forward, they are a threat to win any game.