Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    QFT

I was thinking it had somthing to do with jake......but didn't know who jake was, or is.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Ah you are referring to the turkey thread. A timeless classic Im sure but I didn't move it, retail did and I'm guessing he had good reason.
    And now you're helpless to do anything about it.

At least retail manned up about this whole Joe thing. Looks like you're just going to use it as another excuse to be a lazy pansy.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    And now you're helpless to do anything about it.

At least retail manned up about this whole Joe thing. Looks like you're just going to use it as another excuse to be a lazy pansy.
    Well, yeah, I moved the turkey thread. From what I remember about it, mostly, it just mocked partial. I guess I don't disagree that there was some good information in that thread regarding how to work out, but, the personal partial bashing was over the top, even for an "outlaw forum", whatever the hell that is. To me at least, the good info was dramatically outweighed by the personal bashing, which as I recall included really unflattering photos.

Honestly, I'd move it again today if I felt I had the authority.

What I learned from that thread was how much nutz and ziggy know about the body and working out, which was something I didn't know. Instead of crusading to have that demeaning thread reborn, why don't you encourage them to start a new thread, or a blog about fitness? Lord knows I could use someone educating me about the right way to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Well, yeah, I moved the turkey thread. From what I remember about it, mostly, it just mocked partial. I guess I don't disagree that there was some good information in that thread regarding how to work out, but, the personal partial bashing was over the top, even for an "outlaw forum", whatever the hell that is. To me at least, the good info was dramatically outweighed by the personal bashing, which as I recall included really unflattering photos.

Honestly, I'd move it again today if I felt I had the authority.

What I learned from that thread was how much nutz and ziggy know about the body and working out, which was something I didn't know. Instead of crusading to have that demeaning thread reborn, why don't you encourage them to start a new thread, or a blog about fitness? Lord knows I could use someone educating me about the right way to work out.
    From what I recall, a lot of people contributed good information in that thread and Partial mainly looked silly because he didn't listen to good advice. In fact, from what I recall, Partial wasn't even posting in the thread anymore until he had one of his drunken mental breaks and ruined the thread for everyone else who was still participating in it.

If the bar for deleting (not moving, which I would have been fine with, as we were told deleting a thread would never happen) threads is Partial making an ass out of himself, then you might as well go ahead and fucking delete half the fucking forum. As far as your suggestion, retail, why should everyone who contributed to that thread have to reconstruct what they built just because someone idiot-bombed the thread or because you decided to apply your own code of justice to the content instead of the stated forum guidelines (which seemed to be the main motivation behind hiding behind a fake owner)? We know you guys have tried hard to protect Partial from himself for a few years, mostly out of feelings of friendship. Fine. Every forum needs a Vern. But erasing the contributions of others to that end was counterproductive and insulting to everyone else who posted.

Continuing to hide behind the decisions "Joe" made which run against the stated and historical goals and mission of this forum is cowardly, and more than a little dishonest.

Actually, I can't imagine why they want it back, but it could never exist outside the garbage can. Isn't that the thread that got Partial banned last time?

Starting fitness is not that hard. It's a five easy steps:

1. Go see your doc and make sure you don't have any hidden conditions you need to take into consideration.
    2. Walk the dog for a little bit each day to get your body used to moving again.
    3. Try to go a little further a little faster with each walk. Increase up to 30 minutes a day. You can then work up to running if you choose. I've read recently that an effective way to get into running is to just run short distances during your walk and try to increase the ratio of running to walking as you go. Only run if your doc says it's ok.
    4. After a week, add in weight training. Always follow your body's natural movements and use your legs, not your back to press. Do each weight 8 reps and use enough weight each time that it is difficult to lift the last rep. Do three sets of 8. You do not have to do all three sets in a row. I always do abs as one set of straight crunches, then left obliques, then lower abs and right obliques. Repeat.
    5. Each workout add enough weight to make that last rep difficult and if you're training for weight loss and endurance rather than body building, you can increase your reps instead.

This way you allow your body to become accustomed to working out and you minimize the amount of pain you have from overexertion. Now that you're working out, switch to whole grain bread, add in full servings (for a grownup) of fruits and veggies (if you don't have any, I planted my garden before I got laid off expecting to take the overflow to work. I'm drowning in veggies here) and pay attention to the other stuff you're eating. You don't have to do anything, just pay attention.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

From what I recall, a lot of people contributed good information in that thread and Partial mainly looked silly because he didn't listen to good advice. In fact, from what I recall, Partial wasn't even posting in the thread anymore until he had one of his drunken mental breaks and ruined the thread for everyone else who was still participating in it.

If the bar for deleting (not moving, which I would have been fine with, as we were told deleting a thread would never happen) threads is Partial making an ass out of himself, then you might as well go ahead and fucking delete half the fucking forum. As far as your suggestion, retail, why should everyone who contributed to that thread have to reconstruct what they built just because someone idiot-bombed the thread or because you decided to apply your own code of justice to the content instead of the stated forum guidelines (which seemed to be the main motivation behind hiding behind a fake owner)? We know you guys have tried hard to protect Partial from himself for a few years, mostly out of feelings of friendship. Fine. Every forum needs a Vern. But erasing the contributions of others to that end was counterproductive and insulting to everyone else who posted.

Continuing to hide behind the decisions "Joe" made which run against the stated and historical goals and mission of this forum is cowardly, and more than a little dishonest.
    I am not hiding behind anything. I moved it, and I'm telling you that I'd move it today just the same.

I don't have any idea "what the goals of this forum are", and today, I don't pretend to know. I know what I consider decent and not decent. That thread was not decent based on the actions of a few. Such is life.

Quite honestly there are plenty of threads that ought to get moved. They don't. Life isn't fair. Sometimes it gets done right, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe I got this one right. You disagree. You have that right. I've heard you and I understand where you're coming from. No longer my call as to what to do with it. All I'm saying is that if it was my call, I'd leave it where it was, or I'd move it back there again if it was still active.

My reasons for moving it really didn't have anything to do with partial. I'd like to believe I'd have moved it if it were anyone else. Instead of criticism for his choices, it degenerated into personal criticism. I didn't think that there was a place for that here. Maybe there is and I'm mistaken? That's for you to judge I guess.

I am not hiding behind anything. I moved it, and I'm telling you that I'd move it today just the same.

I don't have any idea "what the goals of this forum are", and today, I don't pretend to know. I know what I consider decent and not decent. That thread was not decent based on the actions of a few. Such is life.

Quite honestly there are plenty of threads that ought to get moved. They don't. Life isn't fair. Sometimes it gets done right, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe I got this one right. You disagree. You have that right. I've heard you and I understand where you're coming from. No longer my call as to what to do with it. All I'm saying is that if it was my call, I'd leave it where it was, or I'd move it back there again if it was still active.

My reasons for moving it really didn't have anything to do with partial. I'd like to believe I'd have moved it if it were anyone else. Instead of criticism for his choices, it degenerated into personal criticism. I didn't think that there was a place for that here. Maybe there is and I'm mistaken? That's for you to judge I guess.
    The garbage can is an anything goes area as far as I've understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    The garbage can is an anything goes area as far as I've understood.
    That combined with the proclamation when we arrived that content would never be deleted, just moved to the appropriate place if need be, raises the question of: WTF?

Retail, I'm not trying so much to indict you on anything here. Like you said, I think you made a decision that sucked balls. But at the time, you were allowed that kind of freedom from our customs by hiding behind the "new owner" with his "new vibe" who wasn't beholden to the rules we agreed on when we set up shop here. It was a cheap, cowardly way to be a dick.

I was saying it's cowardly and disingenuous for Madtown to now say there's nothing he's willing/able to do about it now. But it seems the rebirth of Madtown's reign has a heavy dose of afterbirth that smells just like he did when he pretended to run away before. It's not surprising that the same rules he established he also ignored at his convenience. It's just kind of pathetic. Of course, like everything else he decides he doesn't like, the rules, or what was left of them, no longer exist. So whatever. I guess he gets to be right because he says so. Like I said, it's just pathetic is all and I happen to believe the rest of the people here deserve better.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

That was the problem, you ain't "Outlaw" enough for a place like this. NOW GIVE ME BACK MY TURKEY!!!

That combined with the proclamation when we arrived that content would never be deleted, just moved to the appropriate place if need be, raises the question of: WTF?

Retail, I'm not trying so much to indict you on anything here. Like you said, I think you made a decision that sucked balls. But at the time, you were allowed that kind of freedom from our customs by hiding behind the "new owner" with his "new vibe" who wasn't beholden to the rules we agreed on when we set up shop here. It was a cheap, cowardly way to be a dick.

I was saying it's cowardly and disingenuous for Madtown to now say there's nothing he's willing/able to do about it now. But it seems the rebirth of Madtown's reign has a heavy dose of afterbirth that smells just like he did when he pretended to run away before. It's not surprising that the same rules he established he also ignored at his convenience. It's just kind of pathetic. Of course, like everything else he decides he doesn't like, the rules, or what was left of them, no longer exist. So whatever. I guess he gets to be right because he says so. Like I said, it's just pathetic is all and I happen to believe the rest of the people here deserve better.
    I don't take any of this as personal.

Look, I understand the reasons for Joe. This topic is a perfect reason for it. I've talked to MTP a lot over the last two years. I know him pretty well. At the end of the day, all he wanted to do was talk football and shit with his online buddies. There is a part of him that also loves running this website. Maybe you can't have both. He's trying to do that.

But the last few pages of this thread are proof that he can't be an admin and just talk crap with his buddies. You guys won't allow that. If he reinstates that thread, then, he can't delete anything else, ever. If he doesn't, it's all you'll bring up.

Does he have some power and control issues? Probably. In spite of that he's a good guy. I like him a lot even though I'm still frustrated with what happened. But going on and on about this thread? Not reasonable in my opinion. In retrospect, I wish I had blown it away instead of just deleting it.

As to the GC - again, I think personal attacks are out of bounds, and not appropriate there either. But my rules no longer apply. I honestly hope that most members here wouldn't personally attack someone, even in the GC. But hey, that's just me. I did it a few times, mostly in anger and frustration. I hope I never do it again, and one of the few things that I regret in my time here are those attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    That was the problem, you ain't "Outlaw" enough for a place like this. NOW GIVE ME BACK MY TURKEY!!!

I think I'll wear that "not enough of an outlaw" badge with pride.

I can't believe you guys are arguing about the turkey, a symbolic icon of unity in the USA.

Ben Franklin lobbied for the turkey to be our national symbol.

“ For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.
    With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country...

I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For in Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America... He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on.

Actually, he has a point there. I've met a turkey who, unhappy with my presence, did a remarkable job defending his turf...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him. "

Lions do this to hyenas too. The school bully used to do this with school lunch money too, until I kicked the shit out of him!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

But the last few pages of this thread are proof that he can't be an admin and just talk crap with his buddies. You guys won't allow that. If he reinstates that thread, then, he can't delete anything else, ever. If he doesn't, it's all you'll bring up.
    I think most people are fine letting madtown be madtown. But when he acts like an asshat, he'll be treated like an asshat, like anyone else here should be.

I would be happy that he couldn't delete anything, outside of personal information. That's what he promised. That's why it continues to be brought up, just like Tony the pubic louse at CE. We have methods to deal with uncouth behavior in a much more specific way that just fucking erasing a dozen or two pages of conversation. Like I said, the latter is just taking the easy way out and punishing the many because the one acts like a douchebag cocksnorkle.

I think most people are fine letting madtown be madtown. But when he acts like an asshat, he'll be treated like an asshat, like anyone else here should be.

I would be happy that he couldn't delete anything, outside of personal information. That's what he promised. That's why it continues to be brought up, just like Tony the pubic louse at CE. We have methods to deal with uncouth behavior in a much more specific way that just fucking erasing a dozen or two pages of conversation. Like I said, the latter is just taking the easy way out and punishing the many because the one acts like a douchebag cocksnorkle.

Would it be too hard to just delete the offensive post and move on - perhaps give the offending party a couple of days to cool off?

And Madtown should use a separate account called "Administrator" to answer questions about the forum, and as his "Madtown" login, specifically ignore admin stuff and just post football, etc. People would know it's the same guy, but it's like an on duty versus off duty cop. If you're always wearing your uniform, people will always treat you like a cop.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Like I said, the latter is just taking the easy way out and punishing the many because the one acts like a douchebag cocksnorkle.
    The majority were laughing and whooping it up regarding the personal attacks, calling them deserved and encouraging the continuation. So, the majority were the ones acting like douchebag cocksnorkles. And that's why the thread reached 7 pages before it was gone.

The majority were laughing and whooping it up regarding the personal attacks, calling them deserved and encouraging the continuation. So, the majority were the ones acting like douchebag cocksnorkles. And that's why the thread reached 7 pages before it was gone.
    Prove it

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Prove it
    Cant, and wouldn't if I could.