Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think if your balls don't drop you become a woman.
    No. Ruprecht the Monkey Boy

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier 2h
    Rewatching the Poinsettia Bowl. My Jimmy Ward prospect crush has just been upgraded from "squicky" to "creepy"
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

alright, you guys want jommy ward, you got him

this is the 2013 orange bowl against ej manual and florida state (last year,not this year)

some things you'll notice

1. he looks pretty small
    2. he lines up all over the place (safety and CB) but plays a lot up near the line
    3. he doesn't miss tackles
    4. he makes just about every single play in the game.

heres the game from toledo this year. now he's playing deep most of the time.

there is no box before the snap to sho you which one he is, he's #15 and usually lined up off the screen at the snap.

a few days back i look at deone bucannon, and mention he looked very raw, but good size. (missed a lot of tackles, gambled a lot). ward looks to be the exact opposite, smaller, but a sure tackler and good defender

and here is this years Poinsettia Bowl

kid can play, thats for sure

Matt Millen: "He hits him low (the QB) which is nice and safe" - What an idiot.

Ward looks tiny out there
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Well, I don't know exactly what to look for, so I can't really say fer sure, but he looks like a willing tackler. I didn't see people trying to block him much. He just kinda wandered around free and ended up making a bunch of tackles.

I wonder how his cover skills are? And if he's pretty quick at picking up defenses?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

i'll say it...chuckish!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, I don't know exactly what to look for, so I can't really say fer sure, but he looks like a willing tackler. I didn't see people trying to block him much. He just kinda wandered around free and ended up making a bunch of tackles.

I wonder how his cover skills are? And if he's pretty quick at picking up defenses?
    There were reports his coverage skills were pretty good at the Senior Bowl. His stock kind of went up after that.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i'll say it...chuckish!
    yeah, thats the name that came to my mind too watching those video

i didn't want to go on record as saying it though

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 28m
    How many more draft picks will the #Packers get? They'll find out next week.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...re-draft-picks

Someone at philly.com is guessing a 3rd (Jennings) and a 6th (Walden).

The guy (Craig Turner) guessing has a history of some success, but its not clear if he was the guy who invented this guesswork.

Twitter for CT: https://twitter.com/ct17draftnut

Last year's picks: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/03/...projections-2/
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-21-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Can you get away with being both small and slow in the NFL? You put Ward's brain in Sean Richardson's body and you've got a hall of famer.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Can you get away with being both small and slow in the NFL? You put Ward's brain in Sean Richardson's body and you've got a hall of famer.
    slow?

Sports On Earth, 3 man Mock Draft.

Packers get a WR, a CB and a Safety. Doesn't really break the Packers way. Mosley, Prior and Ebron gone.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-blake-bortles

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Sports On Earth, 3 man Mock Draft.

Packers get a WR, a CB and a Safety. Doesn't really break the Packers way. Mosley, Prior and Ebron gone.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-blake-bortles
    Dark Eyes!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

heres a couple of game films of terrence brooks from this season, since joe and a couple others have brought him up lately

again, he does make some really nice plays, but to me, it looks like he doesn't "finish plays" all the time

he's #31 if the little boxes don't work for you

He hits around the shoulders like everyone else in the GB secondary. Played lower in the Pitt game.
    Last edited by Zool; 03-27-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Brooks: plays deep, good range, pretty decent tackler, decent recognition. Better than Peprah.

J. Football had a fantastic pro day. hope jerry jones loses his head and drafts him. that'll help us out as they're projected to draft a safety in some mocks.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    J. Football had a fantastic pro day. hope jerry jones loses his head and drafts him. that'll help us out as they're projected to draft a safety in some mocks.
    I'm kinda rooting for the kid just so a bunch of pundits can eat some crow. There have been precious few great QB quotes since Ken Stabler said he studied the playbook by the light of the jukebox.