Thread: Official Degenerate Gamblers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why don’t you fuckers pick all this weekends NFL winners heads up. See who come out better. You can both PM them to me and I will post together so there is no copying picks.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Why don’t you fuckers pick all this weekends NFL winners heads up. See who come out better. You can both PM them to me and I will post together so there is no copying picks.
    I didn't do this thread for bragging rights. As I said, I might splurge for the whopping $100 cbs charges to run a pick 5 next year. That can be for bragging rights. I was hoping for discussion of games and the WHY behind the bets. Like Miami vs. N.E. I think Miami is playing good ball. They have been much better this season. Even though Belicheat has a great record vs. rookie QBs he is just short on talent this year. 4 starters sat out the season. Patriots have been all over the map this season. They play great at times and then lay down. They beat Miami in week 1, and that plays into this. Flores is going to have Miami playing its best game. End of the day, Miami has a better roster right now. Better home team laying 2 in a division game. I just see Flores pulling out all the stops to beat the man and get this young team into the playoffs.

Now, I might be wrong. I admit I don't win money betting sports. I like to play games on odd nights just to have action. Maybe if I took it really serious and bet a lot more on games I like I could be a net winner, but its not worth the risk to me. What I really wanted was junkies like me to break down the Sunday night, Monday and Thursday games so maybe I would see something I like and get better action. Hell, Maybe I'll play San Jose +7 today like Brandon said just to have a little juice on the game.

We can brag next season if someone reminds me and I can get 10 rats involved. Cbs is a good system. Nobody sees each others picks until that game kicks off. Its good clean fun.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I didn't do this thread for bragging rights. As I said, I might splurge for the whopping $100 cbs charges to run a pick 5 next year. That can be for bragging rights. I was hoping for discussion of games and the WHY behind the bets. Like Miami vs. N.E. I think Miami is playing good ball. They have been much better this season. Even though Belicheat has a great record vs. rookie QBs he is just short on talent this year. 4 starters sat out the season. Patriots have been all over the map this season. They play great at times and then lay down. They beat Miami in week 1, and that plays into this. Flores is going to have Miami playing its best game. End of the day, Miami has a better roster right now. Better home team laying 2 in a division game. I just see Flores pulling out all the stops to beat the man and get this young team into the playoffs.

Now, I might be wrong. I admit I don't win money betting sports. I like to play games on odd nights just to have action. Maybe if I took it really serious and bet a lot more on games I like I could be a net winner, but its not worth the risk to me. What I really wanted was junkies like me to break down the Sunday night, Monday and Thursday games so maybe I would see something I like and get better action. Hell, Maybe I'll play San Jose +7 today like Brandon said just to have a little juice on the game.

We can brag next season if someone reminds me and I can get 10 rats involved. Cbs is a good system. Nobody sees each others picks until that game kicks off. Its good clean fun.
    San Jose delivered on the ML!!

If my “4 teamer” somehow falls apart I will maneuver accordingly. I usually shrink it down or pivot with 2nd half bets of games I have a good feel on to re-start.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Brandon View Post
    San Jose delivered on the ML!!
    But that’s really what I do. I find a game that they make a mistake handicapping on that I can get for +200 or better and I use it to juice as many 2-3(depending how much I’m wagering) teamer tickets as I can. You can usually find 1 or 2 of them every week between college basketball and football and even NFL sometimes. They just have to many games to handicap. I look for mistakes. That’s really what I do.

I don’t think there is a mistake in the WFT vs Seahawks game as far as the line. It is a situation where I’m looking at a team that historically doesn’t travel well in long distance situations and doesn’t do well against dominant fronts. I believe the Seahawks have some roster issues that the Redskins can expose so this game for me is more of a matchup issue and I am also going a little off script. Hopefully it doesn’t get me in trouble. It is more of a flyer if anything. The “Under” I believe would also be a solid play in this game but I don’t usually play “totals”.