Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
As a fan I'm interesting in something better than 'hating on Bill Bilichick, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots' As a FAN The NFL's positions on rules broken or not are way beyond my concern. Why? it's simply become such a mess in that arena and getting worse. The rules are simply too complicated.

It seems to me that the NFL has opened up this can of worms and now it has to get out of it. How it arrives there is the real story.

I'd simply RULE that in the future the balls are all checked on some random basis. That all teams are well aware that this will be done and the results used to determine any future penalty.

Again as I posted earlier. For now it's about control and focusing on playing football.

Here's the NFL Players Association's stance on this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...investigation/

Matthew Slater: NFLPA has “instructed” Patriots players to “reserve comment” on deflation investigation

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 24, 2015, 2:28 PM EST
I did not "hate on Brady, Belichick, or the Pats" in my post and there's no way to even infer that. Your original post made it sound like you think that this rule is not a big deal and thus breaking it is meaningless. The rule is there for a reason, and all the teams have to abide by it. Again, just because one does not like a rule does not give one permission to break it.

The NFL didn't create this mess, the Patriots did. I just don't think the NFL is going to do a good job in handling it.