Thread: Official NFL Draft 1st Round Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ​I won't lie - I don't understand this.

I said all along, I trust Gute, and yield to his experience, his skills, and his demonstrated expertise. I absolutely meant that, and absolutely still do. I wouldn't criticize this pick even if I wanted to, because I don't know a fraction of what he knows. I am not even remotely qualified to judge or criticize.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about. It seems to me we had excellent opportunities to significantly strengthen the team in some spots where we needed improvemnet much more badly than O-line. But then again, I have never managed an NFL team for a living. So, there's that.....

Well, we have 10 more picks - 91% of the draft remains. I have total faith many of those 10 picks will make much more sense, and we're coming out of this weekend with a much stronger team than we ended the season with. Even if it doesn't look tonight the way most of us hoped or expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post

I said all along, I trust Gute, and yield to his experience, his skills, and his demonstrated expertise. I absolutely meant that, and absolutely still do. I wouldn't criticize this pick even if I wanted to, because I don't know a fraction of what he knows. I am not even remotely qualified to judge or criticize.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about.

Well, we have 10 more picks - 91% of the draft remains. I have total faith many of those 10 picks will make much more sense, and we're coming out of this weekend with a much stronger team than we ended the season with. Even if it doesn't look tonight the way most of us hoped or expected.
    I wouldn't read too much into other than the usual. Brian's board can vary significantly from the consensus big board.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about.

again

what we think, and what all the "experts" think, doesn't mean shit

the only people that have any clue whats really going on is the GMs, and they are the only ones that matter

and they are doing a whole hell of a lot more research then we do

Blog Entries

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about. It seems to me we had excellent opportunities to significantly strengthen the team in some spots where we needed improvemnet much more badly than O-line. But then again, I have never managed an NFL team for a living. So, there's that.....

Agree with all of this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?