Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
Rodgers is 9-0 vs. Detroit (not including the game he was injured early). Hope it continues. We got killed without him. Wonder how Detroit would fare without Stafford.
Is there any other team in the league that is as QB dependent as Green Bay??

It has never made sense to me that a team would have a philosophy which in effect says bad defense is acceptable, as long as it is supposedly predicated upon producing turnovers - and failing that, is to be bailed out by the QB.

The defense for bad defense is that our QB is awesome?? Seriously, that has never, ever made sense to me. Bad defense is bad defense.

I would rather have a defense that produces 0 turnovers per game, but forces 8 punts/game and only gives up 13 pts/game. This nonsense that says giving up 30 pts/game is okay, as long as you produce 3 TO's/game is mindboggling to me.

The Packer team philosphy that says bad defense is acceptable is why we can't compete - at all!!! - if our QB goes down. If our QB goes down, we are then stuck with that pathetic defense that can't keep you in games. Instead of being in a 13-10 game where you have chance, you're blown out 40-10.