View Poll Results: How do you rate the Packers Free Agency so far?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Success

14 43.75%
  • So-so

11 34.38%
  • Failure

7 21.88%

Thread: Free Agency So Far

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Thus far we've failed in free agency. Of course the jury is still out but I don't see us using the money that we saved by not keeping Lang or Hyde on many, if any quality free agents.

Did anybody really think Perry was leaving ? We were going to pay for Nick Perry.

Green Bay was far stronger before free agency than they are now; it's an annual thing. Of course our players will improve.....nobody else's will......and we'll use the draft to try to get back to near the level we were when we lost our last playoff game

it's an annual thing
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Thus far we've failed in free agency. Of course the jury is still out but I don't see us using the money that we saved by not keeping Lang or Hyde on many, if any quality free agents.

Did anybody really think Perry was leaving ? We were going to pay for Nick Perry.

Green Bay was far stronger before free agency than they are now; it's an annual thing. Of course our players will improve.....nobody else's will......and we'll use the draft to try to get back to near the level we were when we lost our last playoff game

it's an annual thing
    The Packers are stronger at Tight End
    Probably weaker at Guard
    Cornerback is about the same.
    A little weaker at OLB.

I think TT will still sign someone or 2. In the end, free agency will probably be a wash.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Probably weaker at Guard
    A little weaker at OLB.

I think TT will still sign someone or 2. In the end, free agency will probably be a wash.

The Packers are stronger at TE
    The Packers are much weaker at OG
    CB, maybe is about the same at best but I'd probably take Hyde over House for the same money
    The Packers are a much weaker at OLB after losing both Peppers and Jones without any replacements

Not sure how I feel about Losing Lacy.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Probably weaker at Guard
    A little weaker at OLB.

The options are dwindling; we're restocking via draft.

Probably weaker at Guard
    A little weaker at OLB.

Is this comparison with last year at this time (offseason) or just FA season this year?

Because cornerback is probably better, even if its not good enough, by just adding House to the existing trio. Whatever is lost with Hyde at slot is overshadowed by House outside.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Is this comparison with last year at this time (offseason) or just FA season this year?

Because cornerback is probably better, even if its not good enough, by just adding House to the existing trio. Whatever is lost with Hyde at slot is overshadowed by House outside.

This is just this year

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

it's an annual thing
    Gains from players healing alone usually make this untrue.

A "successful" free agency season is synonymous with failure in the draft. The fact that we need full price help at TE, OLB, CB, and RB is because players at those positions, players on rookie contracts well below market value, have disappointed. No amount of free agents can repay those opportunity costs. This idea that we're one or two overpaid guys away from a superbowl is stupid; we're 3 or 4 vastly underpaid guys away.

At one point the 2013 draft looked like a home run deep into the stands. It was squandered and now the whole thing (minus Bakhtiari) got away without any rings.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Gains from players healing alone usually make this untrue.

A "successful" free agency season is synonymous with failure in the draft. The fact that we need full price help at TE, OLB, CB, and RB is because players at those positions, players on rookie contracts well below market value, have disappointed. No amount of free agents can repay those opportunity costs. This idea that we're one or two overpaid guys away from a superbowl is stupid; we're 3 or 4 vastly underpaid guys away.

At one point the 2013 draft looked like a home run deep into the stands. It was squandered and now the whole thing (minus Bakhtiari) got away without any rings.
    Just WOW. Very well stated.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!