View Full Version : Politicians families getting dragged through it

Harlan Huckleby
01-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Are you able to watch Elizabeth Edwards without cringing? Is it just me, or does that woman look sick and exhausted? I suppose anybody on those campaigns must be exhausted, but can you imagine what it is like to be battling cancer, and having to travel 24x7 and speak to crowds several times a day?

Seems insane to me. What is John Edwards thinking?

The other uncomfortable family member appears to be Chelsea Clinton. Chelsea looks grim and pained standing up there on stage behind mama. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I wonder if she is distressed that her mom's life goal appears to be slipping away. Or maybe having one presidential parent is enough to go through. She sure looks troubled to me.

MJZiggy
01-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Word is, John wanted to drop out because of it and Elizabeth convinced him to continue.

Harlan Huckleby
01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Sounds likely. It's still John Edward's decision to go forward. I can't agree with the choice.

Deputy Nutz
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
She likely isn't going to recover so it is a great campaign tactic, bring out the dying woman to kiss babies.

Joemailman
01-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Are you able to watch Elizabeth Edwards without cringing? Is it just me, or does that woman look sick and exhausted? I suppose anybody on those campaigns must be exhausted, but can you imagine what it is like to be battling cancer, and having to travel 24x7 and speak to crowds several times a day?

Seems insane to me. What is John Edwards thinking?

The other uncomfortable family member appears to be Chelsea Clinton. Chelsea looks grim and pained standing up there on stage behind mama. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I wonder if she is distressed that her mom's life goal appears to be slipping away. Or maybe having one presidential parent is enough to go through. She sure looks troubled to me.

Maybe Chelsea's problem is she prefers Obama. :lol:

I have no problem with what Elizabeth Edwards is doing. I suspect she feels cancer is no reason to give up their ambitions as long as she is able to function normally. I suspect she didn't like the alternative of sitting home depressed knowing that her illness was the reason her husband wasn't running for President.

Harlan Huckleby
01-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Maybe Chelsea's problem is she prefers Obama. :lol:

Didn't think about this one. The thought of a Chelsea-John Edwards scandal did cross my mind.

I have no problem with what Elizabeth Edwards is doing. I suspect she feels cancer is no reason to give up their ambitions as long as she is able to function normally. I suspect she didn't like the alternative of sitting home depressed knowing that her illness was the reason her husband wasn't running for President.

Ya, I do see this way of looking at it. Guess my own decision would be to take it a little easier. There's got to be something in between running for president and sitting home depressed.

Joemailman
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Geez, you dirty old man. I didn't mean Chelsea preferred Obama in a sexual way. I was referring strictly to politics. :whist:

Scott Campbell
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Geez, you dirty old man. I didn't mean Chelsea preferred Obama in a sexual way. I was referring strictly to politics. :whist:

I wonder if Bill would hit it.