PDA

View Full Version : Any other Atlanta PackerRats???

AtlPackFan
01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
My wife has decided that her house (and her dogs) is/are too valuable to allow me to watch the GB/Seahags game at home so I, my wife and my son are hoofing it out to TJs Bar and Grill (Packer bar) to watch the game. Any other PackerRats in the Atlanta area that want to join us?

MadtownPacker
01-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Maybe you can ask some of michael vicks homeboys to take care of the dogs for you. :D

If not just ask for a divorce, it's worth it to get to watch the game.

MJZiggy
01-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Dude, she's going out with him to watch it. Someone just has a little history of breaking things and frightening helpless creatures while the game is on...

Carolina_Packer
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
My wife has decided that her house (and her dogs) is/are too valuable to allow me to watch the GB/Seahags game at home so I, my wife and my son are hoofing it out to TJs Bar and Grill (Packer bar) to watch the game. Any other PackerRats in the Atlanta area that want to join us?

That would be fun, but it would take me about 7 hours from Raleigh. Your wife is wise, bro. When I get home from my Packer haunt, my wife just snaps her fingers and points upstairs for me to shower because of the cigarette smell (I don't happen to smoke, but the place allows it)

AtlPackFan
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Dude, she's going out with him to watch it. Someone just has a little history of breaking things and frightening helpless creatures while the game is on...

Dogs just need to toughen up! :wink:

RIPackerFan
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I used to live in ATL (about 8 yrs ago) and would always go to TJs to watch the game.

When I was there, there was always a big Packer contingent (enough so that they even had a Packer club membership card to get discounts on drinks and such - I think I still have it somewhere).

I usually went alone (being a transplant from WI) - but I always found some fellow Packer fans who were willing to let me sit with them.

Heck - I even found a girlfriend there - though I think her and her friends used the bar to find guys as opposed to being true Packer fans.

Have fun.

mission
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I think its just you and I buddy... Ive watched probably half the games up there this year and always have a great. Such a difference between the start of the ywar and now though. So ridiculously packed with fair-weather fans. Amazing how many WI folks stay down here.

Id love to go but my money has been so hit and miss since quitting my job to music fulltime. If i get the $1200 check in time that im supposed to get then i will... unless you wanna sponsor a young starving artist haha ;-)

PM me for my # if ya wanna try and link up
-tony

AtlPackFan
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I think its just you and I buddy... Ive watched probably half the games up there this year and always have a great. Such a difference between the start of the ywar and now though. So ridiculously packed with fair-weather fans. Amazing how many WI folks stay down here.

Id love to go but my money has been so hit and miss since quitting my job to music fulltime. If i get the $1200 check in time that im supposed to get then i will... unless you wanna sponsor a young starving artist haha ;-)

PM me for my # if ya wanna try and link upp
-tony

Sorry...I'm already sponsoring a young, starving artist who is getting married this coming Fall. I'm tapped too. But if you want to stop by, I think I can pry a couple bucks away for a beer. :wink:

I have DirectTV so I don't usually go to TJs except for preseason games. But I thought this would be more fun to watch (and safer for the house and the dogs) at TJs.

Only real Packer bar I know in the area...a lot of places are listed but I think they get listed if they show a Packer game when its on national TV. :roll:

I thought we would head up there about 1:30 but that is probably still not going to be early enough to get a table, is it???

mission
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Thats right, i think ya told me about your son last year. Now he's gettin married, oh boy! ;-)

1:30 will be cuttin it close and only cuz i know they will be tailgating in the parking lot and its a late game. Place will be hammered by the time the game starts (hey, its a lot of us from milwaukee! haha)

pm me your number and name so i dong have to call ya atlpackfan and ill try to make it up there. i might just predrink myself, save some money, have my buddy drive amd just come up for the atmosphere