PDA

View Full Version : Talk about unfair!!!

packinpatland
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
The official Packer website had a contest. Write an essay about why you shoud be captain of the G-Force team. Winners receive 2 tickets to the playoff games, field passes, and are honorary captains.

Five were chosen..........................ALL from Wisconsin. Guess folks living outside the state borders aren't considered 'real' fans. And to beat all of that.........ONE'S A NUN!!!!.......talk about having an unfair edge!!!!

OK, I've vented, I feel better. :roll:

MJZiggy
01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I guess I don't need to go look now... :lol:

gbpackfan
01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe I am reading it wrong, but those 5 are just finalists. There is going to be ONE winner. I guess this is why you weren't chosen, no attention to detail! :D

And yes, if you're a REAL Packer fan, you'd move to the state in which they play.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
They are all gonna win something. There are more then just the grand prize.

And yes, if you're a REAL Packer fan, you'd move to the state in which they play.Being a fan in WI is easy when even the damn McDonalds is painted G&G. If I lived in WI I would go to several games a year since it only take a few hours to drive across the state.

I give a lot of props to those that live in chicago and mn. They fight the war in the trenches. :D

Fritz
01-08-2008, 07:26 PM
The official Packer website had a contest. Write an essay about why you shoud be captain of the G-Force team. Winners receive 2 tickets to the playoff games, field passes, and are honorary captains.

Five were chosen..........................ALL from Wisconsin. Guess folks living outside the state borders aren't considered 'real' fans. And to beat all of that.........ONE'S A NUN!!!!.......talk about having an unfair edge!!!!

Maybe they'll pick "Nun of the above."

Sorry. Couldn't help myself there.

MJZiggy
01-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Mad, you're thinking of the random drawing which has several prizes. In the essay one, the one with the most votes wins the whole kahuna.

And GBPF, the point then that PIPL is making is that now there is no possible way that the winner can come from outside the state.

I agree with the props for Chicago and Minny residents, but I think I'd add Philly and New York and Boston as well. Those people there are nuts.

packinpatland
01-08-2008, 07:29 PM

That was very good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fosco33
01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Honestly - none of those were very good/compelling.

I bet of the 5000 entries - 20 were chosen at random and some temp picked these 5.

I feel my entry/writing/story was at least as good or better than any of these....

MJZiggy
01-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Honestly - none of those were very good/compelling.

I bet of the 5000 entries - 20 were chosen at random and some temp picked these 5.

I feel my entry/writing/story was at least as good or better than any of these....

I know the feeling... :roll:

mission
01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
The real fans are the ones that live out of state!

Yall bitch about not being able to watch a certain game because its on this or that... Hello!

I havens missed a game in 6 years living out of state. In CA/college, I'd have to wake up at 9 (remember I said college, that's early following a big nght) and take a bus to
costa mesa where I knew the game would be on.

I live in downtown Atlanta now so I ether drive 45 mins to the packer bar in roswell or brave the falcon traffic and pay 10 bucks just to park so I can watch at the CNN center. And I read about some of you WI folks missing games!!!!!??? Oh
wah, NFL network. Put some effort in!

Carolina_Packer
01-08-2008, 09:29 PM

Jokes like that could be habit forming!

ahaha
01-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I give a lot of props to those that live in chicago and mn. They fight the war in the trenches. :D

For a Wisconsin sports fan, living in Minnesota is real easy right now.

Vikings: Had their balls handed to them by the Pack this year and missed the play-offs.

Twins: Had a mediocre season, lost Tori Hunter, and are about to lose Santana.

Timberwolves: Traded away Garnett and are the worst team in the NBA. At least they get the Celtics' first round picks.

Gopher BBall: They got Tubby Smith. Maybe they won't be the worst team in the Big Ten this year.

Gopher Football: Had probably the worst season in school history and lost to North Dakota St.

All they have to talk smack about up here, are the Wild and high school hockey. But I couldn't give a shit less about hockey.

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Gopher Football: Had probably the worst season in school history and lost to North Dakota St.

Nice post, but I guarantee North Dakota State wasn't the worst team that they lost to.
:D

oregonpackfan
01-08-2008, 11:33 PM

Oooohhhh, that was bad, Fritz.

Get thee to a nunnery! :)

hurleyfan
01-09-2008, 07:16 AM
I agree with the props for Chicago and Minny residents, but I think I'd add Philly and New York and Boston as well. Those people there are nuts.

I'll drink to that :lol:

LL2
01-09-2008, 07:32 AM

You bet we do! Bears and Minny fans know the Packers are better. They just will not admit it.

GBRulz
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM

pfft. :roll: WI people just got better righting skillz

oregonpackfan
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
[quote=packinpatland]

pfft. :roll: WI people just got better righting skillz

GBRulz, Have you been hanging around with Bearman? Your spelling has taken a dive! :)

Bretsky
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM

I'd like to be da captain of the G string Gal Team

Did U ever think dat maybee WI fanz R jus smartur :lol: :wink:

BallHawk
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Did U ever think dat maybee WI fanz R jus smartur :lol: :wink:

It's something in the water.

Or maybe it's the beer? :?: