PDA

View Full Version : Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I hope I'm not saying that about Demetrius Williams in 3 years. I wanted him over Cory Rodgers in round 4. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Some other guys that I wanted: Reggie McNeal instead of Ingle Martin at QB, Mark Setterstrom and Greg Eslinger instead of Tony Moll at OL.

MINICAMP MAYHEM: One player who caught the attention of the Ravens coaching staff was receiver Demetrius Williams, a fourth-round pick out of Oregon. Williams made a number of acrobatic catches on the sidelines. He showed good hands and good concentration. He's tall and lanky, and has excellent speed. The Ravens like his competitive nature, and his desire to become a "go to performer". He could become the missing vertical threat this team needs. It's highly likely that Williams will challenge third year player Clarence Moore as the No. 3 receiver.

oregonpackfan
05-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Demetrius Williams was a fine receiver for the Ducks. I watched him start for Oregon the past two years. Though he made many good contributions for his college team, I am not convinced he will make it in the NFL.

Oregonpackfan

Bretsky
05-20-2006, 08:42 AM
I love Williams prospects for NFL; baffled as to the Rodgers over Williams selection.........but I hope I'm wrong.

Tarlam!
05-20-2006, 08:46 AM
I wanted Hawks DE team mate that went undrafted. Anyone know where he got to?

I'll be watching Eslinger, cause Harv was bitch-slappin' me calling him too small to be a centre in this league.

HarveyWallbangers
05-20-2006, 11:18 AM
I wanted Hawks DE team mate that went undrafted. Anyone know where he got to?

I'll be watching Eslinger, cause Harv was bitch-slappin' me calling him too small to be a centre in this league.

Kudla got signed as a rookie FA with Pittsburgh. That's a good place for him. He's got what they look for in DEs.

My prediction: Eslinger will be starting for the Broncos by his third year. He's a great fit for them. They have a solid starting OC, Tom Nalen, but he's 35 years old.

Tarlam!
05-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I wish Kudla was with us, even though he, too, was on the samll side. I'll be watching Eslinger....