PDA

View Full Version : Ron Wolf on The Jim Rome Show

gobias
01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Ron Wolf is scheduled to be interviewed on the Jim Rome Show sometime between Noon and 1:00 CT today. I'm assuming there will be a fair amount of Packer talk. Stations that I know carry Rome are 1250 AM Milwaukee, 107.5 FM Green Bay, and 100.5 FM in Madison.

Also, there is a link to listen online at this website:

http://www.madisonsportsradio.com/

Just click on Listen Live on the top banner.

Chester Marcol
01-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Are you an Analrapist by chance? One of my favorite shows.

I've read Wolf has been around Miami. Heard him and Parcels have had a chat or 2. I'm guessing that may be the more dominant topic since Wolf doesn't have anything more than an opinion in Green Bay's situation. I haven't followed up on the Wolf/Miami thing. He could be on staff by now for all I know.

Freak Out
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I heard him on the Herd yesterday morning. Always a nice interview. I had forgotten Granny had taught him allot of his craft. Still loves Favre and the Packers.

PlantPage55
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't care for Rome, but I'd love to hear Ron Wolf talk. I guess "even though it means taking a chubby, I will suck it up. "

Great show. :lol:

Carolina_Packer
01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
He's on the next segment after they come back from break.

BallHawk
01-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Anything interesting that he said?

MJZiggy
01-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I only caught bits, but he said Parcells is gonna surround himself with people he knows and trusts, he thinks that Parcells is too old to go through the grind of being a coach or GM and he knows it--that you know when your time has come and if he doesn't all he has to do is look around and he'll see that his contemporaries are all out of the game.

He did not hesitate on acquiring Favre because of his hip condition because the condition was degenerative and he was supposed to be able to get 4 years out of him and he was interested in the short term. He then went on to mention that the docs were off a bit.

He was very happy to have had Holmgren and said that Reinhardt and one other person were instrumental in working the contract so that they could offer enough money to Reggie White to get him into town and that Holmgren did a great job recruiting him.

90% of the time he does not miss being in the NFL, it's just times like these when the team is in the playoffs and things get exciting, but then he thinks about it and realizes he doesn't miss it.

That's what I can recall.

gobias
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
For those of you who weren't able to catch it, here is a recording of the interview.

http://wssp.radiotown.com/audio/jimrome/010908%20RON%20WOLF.mp3

Also, it sounds like Donald Driver is going to be a guest on his show tomorrow. Big week for the Pack!