PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Going To The Superbowl

Partial
01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
I work with an NFL referee. He is officiating a playoff game this weekend. I just heard him on the phone guaranteeing the Patriots will be in the superbowl.

Take that for whats it worth. I just found it to be an interesting nugget from a real-life NFL ref.

Deputy Nutz
01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Great whats the guys name so you can go in front of Judge and Jury and claim you over heard him talking on the phone with his bookie guaranteeing a Patriots Super Bowl.

Chevelle2
01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Hmmm I havent been here long enough to know if your for real or not. But your post count is awfully high....Why would he confide such important info in you?

packinpatland
01-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I work with an NFL referee. He is officiating a playoff game this weekend. I just heard him on the phone guaranteeing the Patriots will be in the superbowl.

Take that for whats it worth. I just found it to be an interesting nugget from a real-life NFL ref.

Come on, tell us you're kidding. If not..............we need names.

MJZiggy
01-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Hmmm I havent been here long enough to know if your for real or not. But your post count is awfully high....Why would he confide such important info in you?

Sounds more to me like a ref opened his yap without looking so see who was around...

Chevelle2
01-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Sounds more to me like a ref opened his yap without looking so see who was around...

So you think its true?

Deputy Nutz
01-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Partial was eavesdropping on a co-worker.

Chevelle2
01-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Im new here. Does Partial really work with an NFL ref?

BlueBrewer
01-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Where the hell do you work that you are a co-worker with an NFL ref, I thought you were still in college.

MJZiggy
01-09-2008, 01:34 PM

So you think its true?

Well, he can be a pendejo, and a bit flaky at times, but I don't know if I'd classify him as a liar (except when he promises to lose weight).

Chevelle2
01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Well the reason I am so concerned is

1) I hate the Pats

2) I dont want the NFL to be fixed :cry:

Deputy Nutz
01-09-2008, 01:41 PM

Im new here. Does Partial really work with an NFL ref?

Don't know, never went to work with Partial.

coolman3
01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
New England doesn't need the refs to make it to the Super Bowl. They're too good.

I've just talked to Randy Moss and he told me they will be in the SB too.

Partial
01-09-2008, 01:47 PM
I'll try and get a picture of him or a name. I've never spoken to him, but he is evidently a line judge according to one of the managers in the IT department.

Tony Oday
01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
New England doesn't need the refs to make it to the Super Bowl. They're too good.

I've just talked to Randy Moss and he told me they will be in the SB too.
ya but he was stoned so take that for what its worth...

SkinBasket
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM

So you think its true?

Well, he can be a pendejo, and a bit flaky at times, but I don't know if I'd classify him as a liar (except when he promises to lose weight).

Holy shit. Why not just kick him in the fucking balls while your at it?

BallHawk
01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Where the hell do you work that you are a co-worker with an NFL ref, I thought you were still in college.

Partial's got a new gig at some company. It doesn't matter where exactly because almost all referees have other jobs besides refereeing. Refereeing is a side job for most of the guys. Unless you earn the big money like Ed Hochuli (who still works as a lawyer in addition to being a ref) you have to work another job to pay the bills.

Partial
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I think they get 5 grandish per game.

BallHawk
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM

I think it differs depending on your experience and perhaps what type of referee you are. I'd think that the head referee would make more than the back judge.

From what I can find, referees earn anywhere between $42,295 and $120,998 per season.

Lurker64
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
From what I can find, referees earn anywhere between $42,295 and $120,998 per season.

Man, that pays more than my day job...

Zool
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM

8. So take that times 16 games.

packinpatland
01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Quirk got fined a paycheck........it was over $8 grand.

Partial
01-09-2008, 03:18 PM
He's with a client in his office right now. I am in the nearest cubicle to him.

Partial
01-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Jeez Ziggy. You sound like my mother, girlfriend, and sister. Women..

MJZiggy
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Jeez Ziggy. You sound like my mother, girlfriend, and sister. Women..

I've been burned before...Maybe they love you and want you to be healthy?

Cheesehead Craig
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM

http://talkvikes.gorge.net/upfiles/smiley/crap.gif

Partial
01-09-2008, 03:51 PM
No, I don't believe it will be staged at all. My guess is he just thinks that. Figured I'd pass it along.

SkinBasket
01-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I would assume he's just telling someone he knows that he feels the Pats are that good. Their friends probably ask for their opinions about teams and players all the time, given how close they are to the game. And they probably feel more important than they are answering those questions.

SeahawkDude
01-09-2008, 04:27 PM

Yo Partial..

.....is that the same dude who worked the Sea/Pitt Super Bowl?

BallHawk
01-09-2008, 06:54 PM

Yo Partial..

.....is that the same dude who worked the Sea/Pitt Super Bowl?

Yeah, he was on the 2nd team that you lost to that night. :D

MadtownPacker
01-09-2008, 07:39 PM
It's obvious this guy wanted nosy people like Partial to overhear him so they will bet on the pats when in reality the ref is gonna bet his life savings on the Packers and give them the victory.

Partial
01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Just guaranteed another Pats victory today.

BallHawk
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Just guaranteed another Pats victory today.

Not exactly going out on a limb..... :|

GoPackGo
01-14-2008, 11:16 AM

So you think its true?

:rs:

MJZiggy
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I only saw bits and pieces of the last Pats game. Were there any questionable calls?