PDA

View Full Version : I'm drowing in Seattle Homerism!

CaptainKickass
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Please help!

I live in Seattle and everyone I know, knows that I'm a die hard Packer fan. Needless to say the ribbing has been non-stop. Now, I can handle that, but I'm running out of the usual ammunition.

Sayings like: "well, how many Lombardi Trophies has Seattle won?"
and "Your team wouldn't even be in the playoffs if Holmgren hadn't been so greedy" etc etc. are getting old and stale real fast.

I need fresh verbal ammunition, jokes about Seattle and their football team would be nice, also witty rebuttals to things like "Your Packers are going down on Saturday!" are extremely welcome.

I'm a good sport and so are my friends, so nothing is considered too offensive.

Can you help a fellow Rat win the verbal battles?

Thanks in advance,

The Captain

:!:

MJZiggy
01-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Ok this is nothing big, but it at least shows Holmgren still has a sense of humor. He said he's not letting Hasslebeck anywhere near the coin toss.

Also, Hasslebeck said in his presser after they beat Tampa that they were gonna get the ball and score...and well...he was wrong the first time, too.

oregonpackfan
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
How about saying "The day the Seahawks win the Super Bowl will happen the same time Seattle has a full month of sunshine in February!" :)

Freak Out
01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
There are droves of Hawk fans up here but most are staying pretty quiet...at least the ones I know. I'm actually going to watch the game with some. They've got a monster plasma to watch the game on!
I've been to some Seahawk boards and of course the internet brings out the loudmouths. Go figure.

The Leaper
01-09-2008, 07:41 PM
"The only thing going down on Saturday will be your mama on Brett Favre"

MadtownPacker
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
How about saying "The day the Seahawks win the Super Bowl will happen the same time Seattle has a full month of sunshine in February!" :)I like these rain themed insults since they hit home.

"God is tired of raining on your parade all year so on Saturday he's gonna let his favorite team do it instead".

VegasPackFan
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
To this:
"Your Packers are going down on Saturday!"

I would reply:

Well no, they wont. But we can always rely on your sister for that!

GBRulz
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Ask them if Holmgren & co have agreed to be the next poster children for the upcoming Snickers "Not going anywhere for a while" campaign?

Spaulding
01-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I guess I'd go in swinging like:

- going to be kinda hard to win when your running back no longer looks like
an MVP and instead now resembles "Shaun of the Dead"

- doesn't the crappy US dollar have a better conversion rate than your team
on 3rd down (statistically the Pack is ranked 8th overall and the Seahawks are
26th)

- you know what Hasselbeck's name translates to in German, it means I want
that shitty pass I just threw back (play Hasselback as some people incorrectly
pronounce) - this is a reach though and will lose many people

- what's the difference between a bear and a seahawk? A bear shits in the
woods, not on the field

Or the age old, you're team is going down like the Microsoft stock price

pbmax
01-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Tell them you saw this question on a message board and you need their help to answer it:

Which was a worse deal, Fred Vinson for Ahman Green or a Number One pick for Deion Branch?

Iron Mike
01-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Please help!

I live in Seattle and everyone I know, knows that I'm a die hard Packer fan. Needless to say the ribbing has been non-stop. Now, I can handle that, but I'm running out of the usual ammunition.

Sayings like: "well, how many Lombardi Trophies has Seattle won?"
:!:

Feel free to go ahead and expand on this one.....like:

"Wow, your team has the exact same SB winning percentage as Minnesota and Buffalo!!!" :P

superfan
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
You could ask them if their team plans on showing up for the game, unlike the 48-13 beatdown GB put on them earlier this year in the preseason.

That game was for me the first indicator that GB might have a decent team this year.

CaptainKickass
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the assistance. That's some good stuff so far.

This gal at work asked me to wager on the game and I replied (sarcastically of course) with "Nahhh, I wouldn't feel right just taking all your money like that"

GBRulz - I love the snickers bit.

Bojangles - "Shaun of the Dead" = classy.

Vegas and Leaper - very off color and in this case VERY appropriate.

What bugs me the most, is that up until the hawks won vs the skins last week, it was pretty quiet. Now all of a sudden it's "We're goin' back to the Bowl!" Frickin fair weather fans.

Maybe some quips using the word "bandwagon"?

If you got more - keep 'em coming please!

The Captain

Cheesehead Craig
01-10-2008, 01:44 PM
To get them riled up, when they make some lame comment of "your team is going down". Just ask if they stole that line like they did the 12th man slogan from Texas A&M.

Whenever they give a reason the Seahawks will win, go with:
"That argument's about as flawed as Windows Vista"

MJZiggy
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Ouch--insulting a Microsoft product in Seattle? Don't they run you out of town for that?

oregonpackfan
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Ouch--insulting a Microsoft product in Seattle? Don't they run you out of town for that?

Hey, Kickass, if they should run you out of Seattle, we have plenty of Packer fans down here in the Portland area. Maybe I could get you a job at Nike or Intel. :)

CaptainKickass
01-10-2008, 07:02 PM

Hey, Kickass, if they should run you out of Seattle, we have plenty of Packer fans down here in the Portland area. Maybe I could get you a job at Nike or Intel. :)

Thanks OPF.

I've been here for 10 years though. Got a pretty good job. If they were gonna run me out - it woulda happened by now. Besides - I've infected other people with the Green and Gold so much so that they've converted and are now Packer fans.

BallHawk
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Besides - I've infected other people with the Green and Gold so much so that they've converted and are now Packer fans.

Sounds like something we've done to a certain "Viking Fan" on this board. :D