PDA

View Full Version : RATE THE PROBABILITY OF PLAYOFF UPSETS FROM 1-4

Bretsky
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
This week we go in with four heavily favored teams in Dallas, Green Bay, Indy, and New England

Offer any reasoning you want. Curious how others rate the probabability of an upsets occuring.

Rate the team with the highest probability to pull an upset down to the team with the lowest chance to win this week. IF you want even throw down the % chance the team has of winning

Here's my take

1. 45% Giants- Seem to be peaking and Dallas has not. Injury to TO could hurt more ?

2. 37.5% Seattle- Mystique of Holmgren entereing GB scares me. Seattle has a lot of veteran talent and playoff experience and matches up well. Their DL could dominate our OL

3. 12.5% Jags- They are playing well. That's all I've got. New England will win

4. 10% San Diego- Indy will scheme to shut down LT, and Rivers consistency has been poor. I see a blowout here.

HarveyWallbangers
01-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Giants - 40%
Seahawks - 40%
Chargers - 25%
Jags - 10%

BallHawk
01-09-2008, 11:23 PM
1. 45% Seattle- Well-coached, great QB, underrated defense. Seattle's the type of team that can beat Green Bay.

2. 30% San Diego- Hottest team in the playoffs. Great defense and an all-star RB give them the chance to outplay the Colts. Coaching will be a big factor here.

3. 25% New York- Coughlin will have them prepared. It's a matter of how ready Dallas will be and if Eli can play efficiently and not throw INTs. A solid performance from Eli combined with the ineffectiveness of Dallas' offense could lead to a Giants win.

4. 15% Jacksonville- Only way JAX wins is if MJD and Fred Taylor play physical and wear down the Patriot D. Also, Gerrard needs to play much better then he did last week. 2 INTs against the Pats will hurt you big-time. JAX is a great D, but I worry if they can stop the Pats passing game. This could easily be a blowout in favor of the Pats.

pbmax
01-09-2008, 11:25 PM
1. Jags 40%

2. Giants 30%

3. Chargers 20%

4. Seahawks 10%

Seahawks might be the worst team left in the playoffs, their only competition is the Chargers and even the Chargers have won on the road against some #1 QBs.

And yes, I fully expect to be blamed and lambasted if I have jinxed the G&G.

Jaguars have done it before. 1996 I believe. :shock:

BallHawk
01-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Seahawks might be the worst team left in the playoffs, their only competition is the Chargers and even the Chargers have won on the road against some #1 QBs.

Talent-wise the Giants are easily the worst team remaining, IMO.

Freak Out
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
1. Jags 40%

2. Giants 30%

3. Chargers 20%

4. Seahawks 10%

And yes, I fully expect to be blamed and lambasted if I have jinxed the G&G.

Jaguars have done it before. 1996 I believe. :shock:

I'm with pbmax on this one but do switch the Chargers and Seahawks.

oregonpackfan
01-10-2008, 12:51 AM
New York Giants--45% I see the Giants' defense stepping up and frustrating Romo. Eli Manning showed me some professional poise in the last game.

Seattle 40%--Their defensive front 4 may frustrate Favre into excessive risk-taking.

San Diego--25% Rivers is too inconsistent as a quarterback to succeed in the playoffs. The Chargers defense will not be able to stop Peyton Manning.

Jacksonville--10% They will discover the hard way just how phenomenal a team the Patriots really are.

The Leaper
01-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Giants 33% - Owens not being 100% will certainly help make this a game to watch. Eli has put together two solid weeks in a row.

Seahawks 20% - Without their home stadium noise, their defense hasn't looked nearly as fast this season. However, their experience factor is a concern.

Jaguars 11% - Their running game is going to have to dominate this game and keep the Pats offense off the field, otherwise it will be a blow out.

Chargers 10% - Manning threw SIX interceptions last time against these guys. You honestly don't think he's going to be looking for retribution? The Chargers looked mediocre at home last week against an average Titans team and lost Gates as a weapon.

I feel rather confident that all home teams will win this week...it is a rare year that we have 4 dominant teams, and during the free agency era, home teams have swept this round of the playoffs roughly 1/3rd of the time. The last time it happened was 2004...so it's about time for it to happen again.

mmmdk
01-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Seattle - 47% : Holmgren plus ballhawking Hawks are dangerous combo.

Giants - 35% : Dallas not clicking plus healthy T.O. needed.

San Diego - 29% : LT love domes plus Boltz play well (resently) vs Colts.

Jacksonville - 17% : The powers of the dark side (New Cheatland) prevails.

RashanGary
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Giants - 40%
Seahawks - 40%
Chargers - 25%
Jags - 10%

Something like this for me. If there is snow and wind at Foxborough, I'd consider moving the Jags up. IF it's a decent day, that 10% might get lowered to 5%.