PDA

View Full Version : Weather update for Green Bay vs Seattle playoff game

mmmdk
01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Thread for weather update for Green Bay vs Seattle; the 12th of january 2008.
So how's the weather in Green Bay? To locals: stick your tongue out the window and tells us about it - EVERY DETAIL - even the the appantly insignificant weather info is much appreciated 8-) :lol:

Bonus Q; what kind of weather does our Packers want for Lambeau?

Windy anyone? :shock:

Joemailman
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Right now the forecast is high of 30 with a 30% chance of snow showers and light winds. Of course, the game doesn't start until 3:30, so the temperature will be dropping during the game. Perfect playoff football weather

mmmdk
01-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Keep the weather updates....up! Uhm, I heard that it might be 31% chance of snow on saturday...can anyone confirm that? :P

outflow
01-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Here is the forecast and take it to the bank.

At game time, Partly Cloudy skies
a kickoff temperature of 29 degrees.
a light wind around 5 mph out of the west northwest
0% chance of any precipitation.

outflow
01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Now if the Packers somehow get a home game for the NFC championship, things could get ugly (COLD), but that is a long ways off yet.

Guiness
01-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I like the bonus Q mmmDk, anyone want to address that?

What kind of weather would be best for this team? Are we a cold weather team at this point? Some of the vets know it, but a lot of the recent additions certainly haven't seen much cold weather football...so there's no inherent advantage there.

I think the fact that we rely on YAC is a good thing. But the fact we don't have an OL that can take over a game hurts us in the cold.

Bossman641
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
We're not really a cold weather team. The OL isn't dominant enough to take over when the D knows we have to run. Our best runs come out of 3 and 4 wide receiver packages when we can spread the defense out and get another DB in there.

If anything, I think cold weather actually hurts the team a little. The offense is highly predicated on timing and YAC. Fields tend to play slower as it gets colder out, this evens out the playing field some and favors the DB's. It's harder to make quick cuts and run away from defenders on a slower track.

That said, as long as it is not windy out we should be fine.

That's my take.

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Seattle won't be intimidated by the cold. Hell, I've been to Seattle enough to know that it's probably about 45 degrees and rainy every day at this point in the year. However, they aren't made for bad weather either. The advantage we might get over a warm weather team would be mental. Against the Giants, on the other hand, I'd hope we would get unseasonably warm weather. They seem like a team that is built more for bad weather.

Guiness
01-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Yes, that's the way I think...we aren't built for the cold. Our strength on D is in our secondary, and how well 2 of our LB's can cover. We're good against the run, but the injuries to the DL have hurt us there.

I think one of the big keys to this game will be W. Jones and Alexander. Alexander has looked like a pretty pedestrian back for a lot of this season, so his days of putting in a monster performance are hopefully behind him. Jones, though, can create some holes anyone can get through.

ND72
01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
all I know is I have the hunting jacket and hand warmers ready...but I'm pumped. If they do well, it'll stay warm in Lambeau all day long.

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
So what's up with the weather?

We need YAC weather! :lol:

gbgary
01-12-2008, 10:54 AM
So what's up with the weather?

We need YAC weather! :lol:

yes! we need to stuff lots of YAC down their throats today.

bigcoz75
01-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Well it's lightly snowing out right now. Little to no wind and 36 degrees according to my outside thermometer here on the east side of Green Bay.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I live 5 MI as the crow flys from Lambeau. There is moderate snowfall out my patio window. Weather channel says 30°

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm due east of Lambeau so biscoz and I are in the same line of the weather. Lambeau being west, is on the edge of the path of snow. If I had to guess, they will get off and on light snow for the next 4 or 5 hours. Nothing that should effect football. The grass master surface that they play on is heated from below. Also, because the woven strands allow for a sand base, any precipitation will drain. This is the exact type of weather where this surface will pay for itself. Instead of having a mud game, this is going to play like the snow never fell and even if it's snowing during the game it will have no effect. I'm very interested to see how it plays, but my guess is that it will play the same way it plays with no precip at all. I'm a big fan of the surface if you can't tell :)

Packers4Ever
01-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Keep the weather updates....up! Uhm, I heard that it might be 31% chance of snow on saturday...can anyone confirm that? :P

Hey Michael - no real weather changes far as I know
my screen suddenly went black in the middle of this sentence, hope that
isn't a bad omen ??? Honest !!

Wondering if you're able to see the game today - or hear it ?
I'm watching ESPN, got an old Packer's game on - Andy Reid was
still QB coach, Holmy looked lots younger, Dorsey Levens just had a
fantastic run, etc.........

GO PACK !!

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 01:46 PM

I'm pretty sure it's going to be on TV in Europe. From what he's said in the past it sounds like he gets more Packer games than most people here in the "other" 49 states. :D

packinpatland
01-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Pouring rain, lightening, thunder and wind yesterday. Tomorrow...a possible blizzard................. Today.........it's sunny and 50 degrees. How do the Patriots get so damn lucky?

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Pouring rain, lightening, thunder and wind yesterday. Tomorrow...a possible blizzard................. Today.........it's sunny and 50 degrees. How do the Patriots get so damn lucky?

God wants the Patriots to feel Favre's wrath in the Super Bowl. :D

Charles Woodson
01-12-2008, 01:56 PM

I'm pretty sure it's going to be on TV in Europe. From what he's said in the past it sounds like he gets more Packer games than most people here in the "other" 49 states. :D

bh what time does it start in florida?
ive heard so many different times

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM

bh what time does it start in florida?
ive heard so many different times

Pre-game at 3:30, Actual game at 4:30.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 02:41 PM
It's been snowing for hours. There is NO accumulation on the field. NO standing water. The field is playing fast, no footing problems, no field is coming up.

This is a GREAT surface. I live in GB and there is an inche of new accumulation everywhere except on that field.

swede
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/live_cams/

Looking at the Lambeau-cam makes me want to be there!

I hope those fans make home field advantage count today.

Packers4Ever
01-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm due east of Lambeau so biscoz and I are in the same line of the weather. Lambeau being west, is on the edge of the path of snow. If I had to guess, they will get off and on light snow for the next 4 or 5 hours. Nothing that should effect football. The grass master surface that they play on is heated from below. Also, because the woven strands allow for a sand base, any precipitation will drain. This is the exact type of weather where this surface will pay for itself. Instead of having a mud game, this is going to play like the snow never fell and even if it's snowing during the game it will have no effect. I'm very interested to see how it plays, but my guess is that it will play the same way it plays with no precip at all. I'm a big fan of the surface if you can't tell :)

What was that you said about the surface of the ground, JH ? Right! It played like snow never fell today. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
oh Peter King - glad you're around for some laughs...

Two strange things about this weekend's four games. One: Weather's not going to be a factor anywhere, which is odd for the second week of January with at least two sites (Green Bay, Foxboro) that could be nutty this time of year. Weather.com says it's going to be in the high twenties with no precip or strong winds at either Saturday site. Two: Every game has a favorite of at least seven points. I don't see that at all.