PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Facts For Saturdays Game

Chevelle2
01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
1) In weeks 1-9, Seattle faced 8 different STARTING QBs. They went 4-4 during this stretch.

In weeks 10-17, Seattle faced 8 different BACKUP QBs. They went 6-2 during this stretch.

2) Seattles defense has a whopping 45 sacks. However, only 13 of those sacks, came on the road.

3.) Seattle's 3rd down offense is 35%.

Green Bays 3rd down defense is 33%

4.) Matt H. QB rating this year on the road is 84.1

Brett F. QB rating this year at home is 99.6

The Leaper
01-10-2008, 12:17 PM
2) Seattles defense has a whopping 45 sacks. However, only 13 of those sacks, came on the road.

This is the most telling.

Everyone is jumping on how impressive the Seattle defense looked at home last week. They usually do look impressive at home, as the crowd noise greatly impacts the OL's ability to hear the snap count...giving the defense a massive advantage.

On the road, their defense has been mediocre at best without the high decibel home cooking. Those expecting Favre to face heavy pressure this week simply don't understand the dynamics of why Seattle is such a tough team to play in Seattle.

Joemailman
01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Packers are 7-1 at home.

Seahawks are 3-5 on the road.

MadtownPacker
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah that stadium has to be the loudest in the NFL. Didnt the playoff game crew last Sat mention it was custom built to make the crowd noise blast? I know when I watch Sunday Ticket and I flip through the game the seattle one sounds loud as hell on the surround sound. The metrodome does too but that noise they pump is cheating.

Jimx29
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Packers are gonna win
Seahawks are gonna lose

Freak Out
01-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Packers are gonna win
Seahawks are gonna lose

Simple as that. 8-)

Bossman641
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah that stadium has to be the loudest in the NFL. Didnt the playoff game crew last Sat mention it was custom built to make the crowd noise blast? I know when I watch Sunday Ticket and I flip through the game the seattle one sounds loud as hell on the surround sound. The metrodome does too but that noise they pump is cheating.

Seattle's stadium was specifically built to be ridiculously loud.

Seattle's home-field advantage largely comes from Qwest Field's cantilever roofs along each sideline. Each is 760-feet long, the same as three 747 jets parked end-to-end. The roofs hang over each upper decks of each sidelines and cover 70 percent of the 67,000 seats. They are supposedly designed to keep fans semidry during the many rainy games.

But effectively, the roofs are noise traps that push the fans' roars back onto the playing surface, making players' ears ring and grandstands shake. The Seahawks love to point out that their "12th Man" of fans has caused 68 false-start penalties by opponents during the last three seasons. The New York Giants had 11 in one memorable mess of a loss at Seattle in 2005.

LL2
01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Packers are 7-1 at home.

Seahawks are 3-5 on the road.

This is the best stat.

Deputy Nutz
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM

Seattle's stadium was specifically built to be ridiculously loud.

Seattle's home-field advantage largely comes from Qwest Field's cantilever roofs along each sideline. Each is 760-feet long, the same as three 747 jets parked end-to-end. The roofs hang over each upper decks of each sidelines and cover 70 percent of the 67,000 seats. They are supposedly designed to keep fans semidry during the many rainy games.

But effectively, the roofs are noise traps that push the fans' roars back onto the playing surface, making players' ears ring and grandstands shake. The Seahawks love to point out that their "12th Man" of fans has caused 68 false-start penalties by opponents during the last three seasons. The New York Giants had 11 in one memorable mess of a loss at Seattle in 2005.

This has a huge effect on offensive linemen picking up blitzes and making line calls. Even the most simplized high school teams make line calls or recognition calls on the line of scrimmage.