PDA

View Full Version : Packer Bars in Cancun?

K-town
01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I will be in Cancun, Qintana Roo, Mexico, for the week of January 19th throught the 26th.

The all-important question - is there a Packer bar in the Cancun area?
I want to watch the REAL America's team win the NFC Championship.
I don't feel like drowning in a sea of Cowpie fans, should they make it that far. :x

Can somebody help a brother out?
Thanks! :)

packinpatland
01-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Too bad you'll 'away' for the playoffs...............we all feel real bad that you'll be in CANCUN !!! :wink:

LL2
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
It's been a long time since I've been in Cancun, but the only bars I remember are the ones where waitress' were all to happy to slam a shot down your mouth. It was also spring break time too, so no one is thinking about football.

gbgary
01-10-2008, 03:57 PM
there are two marriott hotels right next to each other on the main drag that runs north and south. the j.w. marriott has a sports bar that shows games. i've watch the EMPACADORES DE GREENBAY there a couple of times.

MJZiggy
01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I will be in Cancun, Qintana Roo, Mexico, for the week of January 19th throught the 26th.

The all-important question - is there a Packer bar in the Cancun area?
I want to watch the REAL America's team win the NFC Championship.
I don't feel like drowning in a sea of Cowpie fans, should they make it that far. :x

Can somebody help a brother out?
Thanks! :)

The real question here is: Are you taking me?

KYPack
01-10-2008, 04:31 PM
You need to use your head.

That's definitely Cowboy country down there. The locals like the cowpies, but also there are a TON of ex-patriate Texans and tourist Texans down there hangin' out. There isn't a Packer bar but it works like this...

There are both huge sports bars & sports books where you can bet on the games (at halftime even). Wear something over your Packer stuff. Go to a couple joints until you find the Packer crowd. Then take off your cover like Superman and party with the boys and girls.

Your biggest worry is some likkered up redneck from Waco, loaded on his first taste of good tequila. The locals are pretty good-natureed about all sports not soccer and won't give you any hassle, if you make a joke out of it.

You need to use your head & you'll be fine. Every Gringo in Mex I've seen get it a jam got there because they were stupid.

oregonpackfan
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I would like to say that "Life is full of difficult hurdles" but ppppfffftttt! Even if you can't find the game, I trust you will somehow manage to survive. :)

MadtownPacker
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
i've watch the EMPACADORES DE GREENBAY there a couple of times.Haha, yep thats how you say it in Spanish. I think some of the family member told me playoff game are on national TV in some parts.

gbgary
01-10-2008, 07:14 PM
You need to use your head.

That's definitely Cowboy country down there. The locals like the cowpies, but also there are a TON of ex-patriate Texans and tourist Texans down there hangin' out. There isn't a Packer bar but it works like this...

There are both huge sports bars & sports books where you can bet on the games (at halftime even). Wear something over your Packer stuff. Go to a couple joints until you find the Packer crowd. Then take off your cover like Superman and party with the boys and girls.

Your biggest worry is some likkered up redneck from Waco, loaded on his first taste of good tequila. The locals are pretty good-natureed about all sports not soccer and won't give you any hassle, if you make a joke out of it.

You need to use your head & you'll be fine. Every Gringo in Mex I've seen get it a jam got there because they were stupid.

if you go to the tourist sports bars you won't be dealing with locals. it'll be just like going to sports bars here. with nfl games being on it'll be 95% american and a good mix of fans. since dallas is universally hated they'll be outnumbered. have a great time!

K-town
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks one and all.

Expect a full report on my misadventures upon my return.

Zig, you are always most welcome.

MJZiggy
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
:mrgreen: