PDA

View Full Version : Hackett Did Not Practice Today

Farley Face
01-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it anywhere. DJ Hackett did not practice for the Seahawks today, apparently nursing his chronic high ankle sprain. The Hawks have been playing minus at least one receiver most of the year so if he sits out Saturday it will be business as usual for them, but he is their closest thing to a deep threat on offense.

I live in Seattle and all I will say is the Hawks are not lacking confidence going into this game. They are banking heavily on their playoff experience making a big difference for them. Most here feel Favre will meltdown and start throwing to the wrong team. We shall see. My wife and I fly out tomorrow for her first Lambeau experience. I'm betting it will be a victorious one for our Pack.

Joemailman
01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Hackett actually re-injured the ankle on Wednesday, so this was not a planned day of rest today. It does look like they will have Deion Branch on Saturday.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/hackett-is-latest-seahawks-receiver/n20080110172409990020?ecid=RSS0001

SeahawkDude
01-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Hmmmmmm......I thought we had a file on every one of you Green Bay spys here in Seattle. Your cover must be very good Mr Face.........IF THAT'S YOUR REAL NAME!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/cornfield.jpg

BallHawk
01-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Nice sig, Seahawk.

I have to say, after the Pack win it on Saturday it will truly be "a good life" for Packer fans across the nation. :D

Freak Out
01-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it anywhere. DJ Hackett did not practice for the Seahawks today, apparently nursing his chronic high ankle sprain. The Hawks have been playing minus at least one receiver most of the year so if he sits out Saturday it will be business as usual for them, but he is their closest thing to a deep threat on offense.

I live in Seattle and all I will say is the Hawks are not lacking confidence going into this game. They are banking heavily on their playoff experience making a big difference for them. Most here feel Favre will meltdown and start throwing to the wrong team. We shall see. My wife and I fly out tomorrow for her first Lambeau experience. I'm betting it will be a victorious one for our Pack.

What a game to take her to! Have a blast friend.

oregonpackfan
01-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Have you been enjoying the rain we've had in the Northwest the past couple of weeks, Seahawkdude? :(

SeahawkDude
01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Have you been enjoying the rain we've had in the Northwest the past couple of weeks, Seahawkdude? :(

Howdy Oregon. Don't know how far from Portland you are, but I'm right across the river in Vancouver. We had a tornado touch down today about 2 miles south of my place. An F1 they say. 100 mph winds. 12 homes damaged. Minor injuries. First twister in these parts since 1972....... Rain? I have a picture of the sun on the wall so I don't forget what it looks like.

Farley Face
01-10-2008, 11:09 PM

What a game to take her to! Have a blast friend.

She was patient enough to marry my sorry ass in Ocotober of 2000...During a bye week for the Pack of course! Go Pack!!

MJZiggy
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
If you need a fresh sun for you wall, check out my website...

Images (http://zigknit.com/photos/photos.html) [/shameless promotion]

fan4life
01-11-2008, 08:45 AM
If the Seahawks are banking on Favre "melting down", they will be in for a long afternoon. Sure, a ball might be intercepted after skipping off a receiver's hands.... but that is not going to win Seattle the game.

It's much more likely that Hass will melt down; he's the one who has yet to prove that he can win in Lambeau.

denverYooper
01-11-2008, 09:44 AM
If the Seahawks are banking on Favre "melting down", they will be in for a long afternoon. Sure, a ball might be intercepted after skipping off a receiver's hands.... but that is not going to win Seattle the game.

It's much more likely that Hass will melt down; he's the one who has yet to prove that he can win in Lambeau.

I agree. I don't cuss nearly as much about the Pack's turnovers as I have in the last few years, as long as they don't come in a cluster. They're good enough now in all phases to overcome 1 or 2. And while Seattle will probably get pressure on Favre, it's not such simple matter as only that to generate a lot of INTs--the hawks'd have to get some quick scores and get intense pressure on him right away. The chances of that happening are low.

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Welcome to PackerRats Yooper.

MJZiggy
01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
That's true, denverYooper. It's gonna take getting him behind the 8-ball and feeling like he HAS to make something happen on his own.

Welcome to the board. Hope you like it here.

denverYooper
01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks! Good to be here among the Pack's digital faithful.

:cow:

BallHawk
01-11-2008, 10:36 AM
So Hackett is going to be a Game-time decision on Saturday.

I'm not sure if it will have a significant impact if Hackett doesn't play. None of the WRs on the 'Hawks, possibly with the exception of Bobby Engram, can beat our corners.

Our safeties.....that's a different story.

Freak Out
01-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Looks like Blackmon is out. Big surprise.....