PDA

View Full Version : George Lopez

GrnBay007
01-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Anyone watch this show? OMG, I think he is SO funny!!!

I don't know if it was ever on prime time TV, or if so when, because it's been years since I've watched much TV. It's on every night on Nick at Night. I just found it a couple weeks ago and haven't missed it since.

I could see Mad having George's personality....except I'm sure he's much nicer to his mom. :P

BallHawk
01-10-2008, 11:12 PM
It was on ABC from 2002 to 2007.

MadtownPacker
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
First Sponge Bob and now this? You must have been in a time capsule all these years. :lol:

Mr Lopez is actually considered a sell out by his own race. He went to mainstream and now his stand up is in the toilet.

MJZiggy
01-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Then what's the consensus on Carlos Mencia?

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 12:59 AM
First Sponge Bob and now this? You must have been in a time capsule all these years. :lol:

Mr Lopez is actually considered a sell out by his own race. He went to mainstream and now his stand up is in the toilet.

LOL I was as far as TV goes....tellin ya, I really don't/haven't watched it...well, Sponge Bob with the kids but I never planned it out to watch it. Working FT, house and kids in sports I haven't watched TV in the evenings and when it's time to sit down at night I would read Packer news. I've been off work a few weeks and this TV thing is a whole new world. :oops: You wouldn't believe the great recipes I'm getting off of the food network.

Why was he considered a sell out? ....maybe I haven't seen enough? Like I said, I've only seen about 2 wks worth but dang I think he's funny.

coolman3
01-11-2008, 02:34 AM
I watched a couple episodes of George Lopez. I still don't know whether his wife on the show is caucasian or Latino

(Not that it matter; as a liberal, i am all for interracial relationships. In fact, my friend D'Tyrant Michaels of the Liberal Utopian is a white guy with a black name who dates an Asian girl.)

I understand sell out. Eminem, the greatest white rapper since Vanilla Ice, is a sell out.

Deputy Nutz
01-11-2008, 08:43 AM

Mostly German.

BallHawk
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Mencia just flat-out steals peoples jokes. He's taken several from Bill Cosby.

Partial
01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
And naturally a white, suburban 15 year old is very familiar with Bill Cosby's schtick.

MadtownPacker
01-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Want to crack up? Watch this Katt

http://stupidvideos.us/pics/funny/39116.3258506944-t.jpg

http://www.kattwilliams.com/

Charles Woodson
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
And naturally a white, suburban 15 year old is very familiar with Bill Cosby's schtick.

shut the fuck up,

Just because were not as old as most of the other ppl on the board doesn't mean we don't have good taste.

i don't even remember how many times i have watched his video... and probably unlike you ive seen him in person(last year)

and mad katt williams is hilarious... he used to be on some crappy show with nick cannon, but he was why i watched it

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Just because were not as old as most of the other ppl on the board doesn't mean we don't have good taste.

Don't worry. I go through the same shit all the time with the old people on here. :P :wink:

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 09:26 AM

Oh, I'm sorry, do I have to be a 45-year old black male to find Bill Cosby funny?

My bad, Partial, I'll make sure to run my comedic tastes through you next time, a white, 20-something college kid. :roll:

packerthebacker
01-12-2008, 08:50 PM
It's an okay show except the fact that the actors look like a mixture between white, black, and mexican. Thats more inter-ratial than the back of a board game box. The show has too many commercials in my opinion as well.