PDA

View Full Version : Fat kids

SkinBasket
01-11-2008, 11:57 AM
They're everywhere.

The Leaper
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Stop sitting on the couch playing video games, you little punks!

Partial
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I don't think it has all that much to do with sitting around playing video games. I think it has to do with the horrible food choices available today. Fast food and eating out seem far more common today than having something made from scratch.

They are everywhere, though. And it is scary. I have already informed the lady that if we ever have kids they're going to be raised as Spartans and just the most manly dudes to ever walk the earth. At least they won't be fat.

Zool
01-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Nasty, tricksy and false they are.

Stupid fat hobbitses.

Partial
01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Nasty, tricksy and false they are.

Stupid fat hobbitses.

Nice! I have a hunch you and I could sit in a room and go back and forth for hours.

Deputy Nutz
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't think it has all that much to do with sitting around playing video games. I think it has to do with the horrible food choices available today. Fast food and eating out seem far more common today than having something made from scratch.

They are everywhere, though. And it is scary. I have already informed the lady that if we ever have kids they're going to be raised as Spartans and just the most manly dudes to ever walk the earth. At least they won't be fat.

What happens when they look up at dear old dad? Less video games more running around in the backyard playing smear the queer.

The problem is Partial is when you combine fatty foods and no physical activitiy for long periods of time, via men in their 30s that have already gotten married and have nothing to live for.

Zool
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM

What happens when they look up at dear old dad? Less video games more running around in the backyard playing smear the queer.

The problem is Partial is when you combine fatty foods and no physical activitiy for long periods of time, via men in their 30s that have already gotten married and have nothing to live for.

And so ends Nutz's pep talk. Have a nice day.

Partial
01-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Ahhh Smeer the Queer. A game I did not understand the meaning of until middle school. A great game, none the less.

oregonpackfan
01-11-2008, 12:51 PM

You are mistaken in thinking it is only the poor food choices making kids fat, Partial. Inactivity is also a major factor in the obesity rise in today's kids.

Both proper nutrition and increased physical activity are needed to reduce childhood obesity.

Zool
01-11-2008, 12:53 PM

You are mistaken in thinking it is only the poor food choices making kids fat, Partial. Inactivity is also a major factor in the obesity rise in today's kids.

Both proper nutrition and increased physical activity are needed to reduce childhood obesity.

Yup. Diet and exercise are the keys to health. Or you could get your kid DDR and have them work out.

This is the route I went for the rainy/too cold to sled days.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=smartcyclelanding

MJZiggy
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM

May you have all girls...

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Skin, I laughed out loud when I read how you phrased the whole poll. Well done.

SkinBasket
01-11-2008, 01:45 PM

You're talking about me aren't you?

packinpatland
01-11-2008, 01:50 PM

I'm in total agreement OPF. Can't remember the last time I saw (or heard) the neighborhood kids riding their bikes, playing tag, or heaven forbid......doing yard work. But kids nowdays do have 'lean' thumbs! :wink:

The Leaper
01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't think it has all that much to do with sitting around playing video games.

You are nuts.

I ate McDonalds A TON back in high school...and it was probably twice as bad back then, before we had documentaries and health nuts publically lambast fast food for years on end.

However, every summer, I was outside from 9am to 9pm...running around and playing sports. I don't even see kids out running around anymore.

Deputy Nutz
01-11-2008, 02:21 PM
[quote=Deputy Nutz]The problem is Partial is when you combine fatty foods and no physical activitiy for long periods of time, via men in their 30s that have already gotten married and have nothing to live for.

You're talking about me aren't you?

Sort of, anyways this topic could be a look back into your past and let us all at Packerrats know what your favorite outdoor past time was as a kid.

As for Mad, we know it was hiding the Chorizo in little Timmy Thompson.

twoseven
01-11-2008, 02:25 PM
How many 'large' kids have you seen with 'not large' parents? It's very much about the learned behavior under your own roof. Parents are VERY influential whether or not the always realize it, and kids are sponges taking it all in.

Partial
01-11-2008, 02:25 PM
My favorite activities were having bike races through the neighborhood, playing big roller hockey games in the street, and then of course big neighborhood football games. Hockey might be the most fun sport to play as a child.

twoseven
01-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't think it has all that much to do with sitting around playing video games.

However, every summer, I was outside from 9am to 9pm...running around and playing sports. I don't even see kids out running around anymore.
What a silly idea, running around in the backyard? You mean actually running around? I hope you had your protective helmet on and your mouthguard in. Running around has simply become too dangerous these days, you might fall and get a boo boo, and then come the lawsuits.

The addition of chest protectors to little league baseball hitters, gotta love it. Parents deciding to 'pad up' our kids rather than teaching them how to get out of the way.

twoseven
01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Every Sunday afternoon, early 80's after watching a usually subpar GBP squad, getting pumped up for two-on-two nerf tackle football. Yep, two on two. Heaven.

SkinBasket
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Sort of, anyways this topic could be a look back into your past and let us all at Packerrats know what your favorite outdoor past time was as a kid.

As for Mad, we know it was hiding the Chorizo in little Timmy Thompson.

I ran around in the woods, caught bugs, and generally acted like a ninja, sneaking up on unsuspecting family members before jumping out of trees or from under a tarp with a metal pipe and scaring the bejesus out of them. I'm surprised my mom never shot me.

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I was lucky. I grew up in a small town neighborhood where there was a huge park and about 20 or so other kids within about 4 years of age difference and there was always a basketball, football or baseball going on. The best were the insane bike races and hoping there wasn't a car coming around the corner you were going full speed around.

SkinBasket
01-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Ahhh Smeer the Queer. A game I did not understand the meaning of until middle school. A great game, none the less.

Did you think you were just that popular that everyone was chasing you?

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I love that the kids are out playing....I like that our yard is the big meeting/playing ground.....I don't like that the doorbell is ringing at 7-8am on Sat. morning during the summer. ...at least wait till 9

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
The addition of chest protectors to little league baseball hitters, gotta love it. Parents deciding to 'pad up' our kids rather than teaching them how to get out of the way.

Chest protectors?? Our kids don't use them in little league.
Should I run out and buy one? :shock:

:P :wink:

Last year my son only suffered a badly sprained finger from a wild pitch. The year before he had a perfectly round baseball shaped bruise on his thigh. He thought that was pretty cool. :roll:

Partial
01-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Good. You have real kids. I bet there are some crazy parents that would claim the pitcher intentionally drilled him.

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Good. You have real kids. I bet there are some crazy parents that would claim the pitcher intentionally drilled him.

No, I didn't think that. The first year when the kids are pitching instead of the coaches he got hit 3 times...lots of kids are getting hit then but luckily the pitches aren't that fast at that stage. The next year he still got hit twice and I went and got his eyes checked. lol

twoseven
01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
[quote=twoseven]

Chest protectors?? Our kids don't use them in little league.
Should I run out and buy one? :shock:

No, not everyone uses them, but they are out there. Basically the same thing the catcher wears. Idea is they provide the hitter protection from heart failure via taking a pitch directly into their chest. That they even exist at all is what makes me shake my head.

Just trying to make a point that nurture seems to be kicking nature's butt these days.

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Welcome to PackerRats twoseven

BallHawk
01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I echo 007's statement. Welcome to PR.

twoseven
01-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks to the both of you on the nice welcome. Bretsky convinced me this was the pace to be, he was right. Glad to be here as a lowly, undrafted rat.

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks to the both of you on the nice welcome. Bretsky convinced me this was the pace to be, he was right. Glad to be here as a lowly, undrafted rat.
You'll get your post count up then you get to pick your Rat name. Glad to have you aboard.

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 08:22 PM

Did you say Bretsky? :shock:

You aren't one of HIS kind, are you?

:P

Bretsky
01-11-2008, 08:26 PM

All real men love hot chicks that love other hot chicks 007 :lol:

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 08:33 PM

...and they have yet to find that here. :D

Bretsky
01-11-2008, 09:17 PM

...and they have yet to find that here. :D

Maybe they'll meet you someday :wink:

Joemailman
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
The sexual tension between you two is undeniable.

twoseven
01-12-2008, 06:04 AM

HIS kind? :P

Sounds pretty cool. 8-)

Without knowing much about him, to his credit, Bretsky seems a lot more mature than me. I can turn into an argumentative PITA real quick, I'll try to be David Banner as long as possible, have a feeling these new surroundings will make it easier to be hospitable, and I'll leave all of the perversions and doubletalk to others.

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 09:41 AM
The sexual tension between you two is undeniable.

Na, we're good buddies Joe. In B's delusional state of mind he thinks he can turn all the females of PR into gal lovin gals. He's battling a lost cause.

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 09:42 AM
these new surroundings will make it easier to be hospitable,

Came from JSO, huh? :lol:

GBRulz
01-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Without knowing much about him, to his credit, Bretsky seems a lot more mature than me.

You really do need to give yourself more credit than that!! lol. :wink:

Welcome to the forum, twoseven!

packerthebacker
01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I think that fat kids should be isolated in a institution which will make them skinnier. Not only could this stop diabetes, but it would make a reality show on CBS.

:lol:

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 08:30 PM
:lol: :lol: Welcome to the forum, packerthebacker!

HarveyWallbangers
01-12-2008, 09:21 PM
I like this Skin poll better than the other one. That's poll. Not pole.

SkinBasket
01-12-2008, 09:49 PM

That's because you're afraid to admit your latent desire to see more cock. Now if I could just get these fuckers to stop clogging up my poll with all their welcome hugs, we could discuss how disgusting fat kids are.

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Now if I could just get these fuckers to stop clogging up my poll with all their welcome hugs, we could discuss how disgusting fat kids are.

My kids aren't fat but I'm still gonna give you a hug skin. :hug:

Sometimes you have to look at the evils of the other end. My daughter is in Middle School and is what you might call, over-developed (boobies).... :shock: She's blonde, blue-eyed and does not look her age. THAT is stress!!!

LL2
01-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Sometimes you have to look at the evils of the other end. My daughter is in Middle School and is what you might call, over-developed (boobies).... :shock: She's blonde, blue-eyed and does not look her age. THAT is stress!!!

I would think so. We have a friend who brought along her niece to a get together. My wife and I thought she was around 17 or 18, but our friend said she was only 14. We were surprised. Our friend said her niece gets asked out by college guys. I'd have a loaded shotgun for any college jock that wanted to date my 14 year old daughter. Fortunately my daughter is only 7 months old so I do not have to worry about that kind of stress yet.

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
When I was a freshman in college, I went on a date with a girl who was about 15, I thought she was 18. Long story. What a nightmare, getting a picture taken with her and her parents, the giggling all night long. Seered into my brain is her remark, "I bet you think you're going to get into my panties, hee hee hee" I got rid of her at first opportunity, got drunk and vomited.

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 12:17 AM

I would think so. We have a friend who brought along her niece to a get together. My wife and I thought she was around 17 or 18, but our friend said she was only 14. We were surprised. Our friend said her niece gets asked out by college guys. I'd have a loaded shotgun for any college jock that wanted to date my 14 year old daughter. Fortunately my daughter is only 7 months old so I do not have to worry about that kind of stress yet.

Guess I should have added that she's a good girl....lol ...so far. She's in Honors classes and is in lots of school activities. The whole "drama" thing experience in Middle School is rough on Mom, believe me. I don't remember there being as much DRAMA when I was that age.

Joemailman
01-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Now if I could just get these fuckers to stop clogging up my poll with all their welcome hugs, we could discuss how disgusting fat kids are.

You keeping her away from Bretsky? j/k

Deputy Nutz
01-13-2008, 01:29 PM

Hmmm, just like a chip off the old block...

Partial
01-13-2008, 01:47 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joemailman
01-13-2008, 09:10 PM

Does she look like this?

http://www.packersproshop.com/p/4005203027_37_13_5.jpg

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't see an image there Joe. No, she doesn't look like a box. :P

Joemailman
01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I see the image. Here's the url
http://www.packersproshop.com/p/4005203027_37_13_5.jpg

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
lol ok, see it now. Umm, she's not really the sally cheerleader type.