PDA

View Full Version : Experts on Seattle-GB

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Every talking head I've heard on ESPN TV or radio seems to think the Packers have the game in the bag.

I think this is ridiculous, those teams are closely matched.

My theory is that the experts haven't seen enough of the Packers this year to realize that they are inconsistent. And Favre has had down games in the playoffs over the years. The fans who watch all the games are more cautious.

packinpatland
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Watched HBO's NFL show........they were spit down the middle.

dissident94
01-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Geez i wonder why they would think that. Is it our 13-3 record. Is it the fact thast Seattle doesn't play well on the road. Is it the reason Packers are better in almost every aspect of the game. I wonder why people would think Green Bay would win.

Bretsky
01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
The Swami just picked Seattle 26-23

PlantPage55
01-11-2008, 06:39 PM
The Swami just picked Seattle 26-23

Doesn't the Swami pick the spread? I could be wrong.

But if I'm not, then that means he thinks we'll squeak one out.

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
The makes me feel better. The Swami has to be one of the worst prognosticators in history.

GrnBay007
01-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Picks by the spread Packers -8.5:

Harmon - Seattle

Prisco - Green Bay

Judge - Seattle

Davis - Seattle

Richard - Green Bay

MJZiggy
01-11-2008, 09:04 PM
You forgot Fosco. :D

MadtownPacker
01-11-2008, 09:13 PM
The truth is this is a game the Packers should win. It's at home. They are rested. They are young and unexperienced in the postseason but mixed in with several top notch veterans who will keep them in line.

Harris
Woodson
Barnett
Pickett
Bubba
R. Davis

Favre
DD
Clifton
Tauscher
KRob?

Are there any others?

packinpatland
01-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Should probably include Bubba.........he did score a TD in the last game, right?

RashanGary
01-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Rob Davis is supposed to be a pretty big leader in the locker room.

Spaulding
01-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I know pre-season isn't a true indicator of this upcoming game but unless I missed something, we spanked them this year.

Factor in our maturation as a team, the development of a running game and better play by Bigby on defense and evidence of Lee's capability to open the middle suggests we are a better team than we were then. The Seahawks on the other hand seem to be a shade worse than most people predicted ending up at 10-6 with a running game being a liability.

Barring turnovers I fail to see how the Pack doesn't take care of business tomorrow.

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I know pre-season isn't a true indicator of this upcoming game but unless I missed something, we spanked them this year.

Factor in our maturation as a team, the development of a running game and better play by Bigby on defense and evidence of Lee's capability to open the middle suggests we are a better team than we were then. The Seahawks on the other hand seem to be a shade worse than most people predicted ending up at 10-6 with a running game being a liability.

Barring turnovers I fail to see how the Pack doesn't take care of business tomorrow.

I take nothing from that preseason game. Zero. And Bigby was a MONSTER in that game.

Partial
01-11-2008, 11:36 PM
That was the game Atari Bigby's name surfaced on my map. Those blitzes were menacing!

At any rate, tomorrow is going to be a big game. I am excited!

Freak Out
01-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Death to all who oppose us!

MadtownPacker
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Should probably include Bubba.........he did score a TD in the last game, right?You and JH are right.

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 02:30 AM
I think the game is going to be a dogfight.

Everybody is relying on the fact that the Seattle defense is only a terror at home, but I don't friggin believe it. This is the playoffs, expect their A game. Holmgren is formidable, and he knows the Packers.

I expect an entertaining game, but not too high scoring.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 07:22 AM
The more time goes by the more I feel we are going to kick their ass. Then again, I thought the same thing about the 1st Minnesota game and then we went into that terrible place and they put up a great fight. This is our place though.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 07:30 AM
I think Tausch is going to handle Kerney. I think Kerney will get pressures when he stunts but with us mixing the run and pass, they'll get a nice dose of the run game if they try to run too many stunts and Grant break a couple nice runs.

Regardless, I don't see how they can stop everything this offense does and I don't see how they can roll up as many points as the Packers with their unspectacular and one dimensional offense.

ST's, I like ours.

Advantage across the board, Packers. Big W.

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 08:22 AM

Everybody is relying on the fact that the Seattle defense is only a terror at home, but I don't friggin believe it. This is the playoffs, expect their A game. Holmgren is formidable, and he knows the Packers.

Everyone says Holmgren knows the Packers, but he doesn't. He knows Brett Favre. He knows the Lambeau Field and the West Coast Offense, but the roster has just about completely turned over since he's been here and like every other team, we run our own version of the WCO.

That and even though he knows Brett Favre, it's almost like he's a different quarterback this season anyway so it's not like Holmy's got our playbook memorized or anything...

Fritz
01-12-2008, 09:19 AM

You're just saying that because...you're a dog.

cpk1994
01-12-2008, 11:40 AM

I expect an entertaining game, but not too high scoring.Saying Holmgren knows the Packers is total BS. It is almost a total roster turnover since he left sans Favre. They run the WCO much different than Holmgren does. Holmgren knows about as much of the Packers as the other 30 coaches in the league.

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
ok, cakewalk time. Tauscher gonna own Kerney. Holmgren got no sense about Favre.

What, me worry?

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 07:56 PM
ok, cakewalk time. Tauscher gonna own Kerney. Holmgren got no sense about Favre.

What, me worry?

I'm glad that came out well for you.