PDA

View Full Version : Official Green Bay Packers vs. Seattle Seahaks Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bretsky
01-12-2008, 07:42 AM
PLAYOFFS ARE HERE

At the beginning of the season with what I sensed was a lack of urgency in finding NFL ready players to surround our youth with I often said 8-8 would be really great. What a pleasant surprise.

We enter today as one of the GREAT EIGHT with homefield advantage and a game in which we certainly should be expected to win. And entering it against an old friend and now foe in Mike Holmgren makes it all the more exciting.

As I get ready to pack up my stuff on the trip to the great Lambeau, many thoughts of reflection come to mind.

Before the season I had noted that those who even sniffed of the playoffs were showing blind faith in Ted Thompson and the path he chose to take with this Packer team. For us to contend, we had to have faith that a RB would show his worth, our two offensive guards would develop, a rookie 3rd round WR would develop, and we'd find at least a marginal starter at safety and adequate depth in the secondary.

While I don't feel I was wrong in my blind faith philosophy, what is pleasantly surprising to me is that for the most part every bit of that faith was well placed. Those who kept the true faith in Ted Thompson have been proven to be right this year, and this team seems to gutted and rebuild so we should at least remain competitive after Favre leaves. I used to be a TT detractor; now I openly admit he did a good job.

Part of TT's success also was hiring Mike McCarthy. Overally McCarthy has shown superior game planning and his adjustments seem to be more effective that that of his predecessor. Whether TT got along with Sherman or not, it seems hard to argue that that change was not necessary.

Today MM is faced with an even bigger test. He has to prepare a game plan against on of the best coaches in the NFL. Like it or Not Holmgren is one of the Big Cheezes in football. He's won a Super Bowl and has plenty of playoff experience. Remember all of those great stories on how he'd pump his players up to new levels to go in and kick the 49er's @sses...at home or on the road. Guess what Holmy is doing now ?

Fortunately, as long as the coaches are near even the better players usually win in the NFL playoffs. I've heard some predict a blowout today. I think they are nuts. These teams are more evenly matched then many Packer fans want to admit. Like MM, Holmgren will work to expose any weakness he sees on our team. They will hide the blitz and run stunts to try to expose our OG's. And they will try to consistently pressure Brett Favre as Dallas did and try to force him into mistakes. They will also run out 5 receiving options, and look to confuse Nick Collins, and expose some of the challenged cover guys like Bigby and Bush. Don't be surprised to see a trick play or two, and don't be surprised if Seattle goes to the no huddle offense to put pressure on this defense.

On the other hand MM will try to attack the Seattle Defense. He will spread things out and try to keep the defense out of balance by running Ryan Grant. He will also try to expose a Seattle Secondary that lacks overall depth. Guys like Koren Robinson and James Jones should be open all day long if they are on their game.........and ...........if.........the OL gives Brett Favre enough time to throw.

This really boils down to be the key of the game. Early season we theorized that our defense would be so dominant that they'd rarely give up points and Favre would just have to refrain from taking the chances and making mistakes. We were wrong....little did we know that the re emergence of a smarter Brett Favre is one of the primary reasons being a little smarter but still making his old gunslining throws is a primary reason we are 13-3. Yes, he's been smarter, but above all he is still a playmaker and he's still our gunslinger.

In the greatest sport today, the recent past seems to have proven that their is great equity in this game. What seems to put a team above the top is great QB play. Look at the past Super Bowls. Great QB's in most.
Look at this year's NFL records. Brady, Manning, Favre, Romo....clearly the top 4 QB........and an incredible winning % to boot. Two of these QB's will probably be in the Super Bowl, and one will again be the champion.

I'm pumped for this game; I honestly had a short dream last night that I was at Lambeau and the crowd was dead silent at the game's beginning.

No way are we going to let that happen. It's going to be electric. This team has a chance to go to the Super Bowl and we can't afford a let down either by the players or the fans. We need to establish the old winning ways of the Holmgren era at Lambeau

NOBODY COMES INTO OUR HOUSE AND WINS.......STARTING TODAY

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Well, ya didn't leave anything for anyone else to say 'cept GO PACK GO!!!

Happy GAME DAY!!!

MadtownPacker
01-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Great intro man!

Just win today, everything after today is gravy but today is a must win for several reason.

Bretsky
01-12-2008, 08:28 AM

Happy GAME DAY!!!

Yes, I know. But the Playoffs deserved a good intro :lol:

footballfever
01-12-2008, 08:29 AM
We take care of Seattle today, then another home game against the Giants and then it's off to the superbowl. What an incredible year it's been, big day for Grant today and B Jack. We are gonna keep them on their heels all game, with the aggressive style of defense they play screens and draws will be there for the taking alllll day. The first couple drives might stall but once we get a feel for what they are trying to do it's gonna be a route.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Good post B, now it's time to walk the walk and defend our house

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-12-2008, 08:35 AM
We really need to win this game. This is a very important game for Favre, the fans, and packer history in general.

Bretsky
01-12-2008, 08:41 AM
I think this is going to be a nailbiter.

Good luck Pack; I'm off.

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 08:42 AM

Happy GAME DAY!!!

Absolutely. Ya done good. Now what are we all gonna do until gametime? :shock:

I'm all wound up.

footballfever
01-12-2008, 08:53 AM

Happy GAME DAY!!!

I'm all wound up.

I've been asking myself that same question for 2 weeks now, it's been a long enough wait now the minutes seem like hours......

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I think this is going to be a nailbiter.

Good luck Pack; I'm off.

Nice intro, B. Have fun at the game.

It's great to be playing football in January. Hopefully, after today, we'll be one step closer to playing football in February. 8-)

GBRulz
01-12-2008, 09:10 AM
After today, we'll be in the final four !!

I have a couple of hours before we head over to the Sideline Sports Bar lot to start tailgating. It's perfect football weather today. Cold, yes, but not bitter cold and winds are very minimal....right now at least.

I've had two dreams about this game and in both dreams, we won. Not by alot though....

GO PACK !!!!!

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Man, how come all of you get to have good dreams about the Pack?

I had a dream that I woke up and I had slept through the whole game. Don't remember who won, though. :o

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Now we need Partial to give us a Spartan-Like rally. :D

Rastak
01-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Good luck guys and gals. Nothing as exciting as playoff football.

Enjoy the game!

GBRulz
01-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Weather for today, per our local NBC station....

tailgating temp 26

kick off 30

4th qtr 28

We may see a snowflake here and there, but no accumulations are expected. and of course....no sun. A day with sun here in the winter is like a day without rain out west.... a rare happening!!

Most important....winds are very minimal today.

Fritz
01-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Just point the direction coach - I'm ready for anything!

Go Pack.

OS PA
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM

Happy GAME DAY!!!

I'm all wound up.

All wound up? I'm up way too early with a slight hangover! Great start to a great day :lol: :lol:

Fritz
01-12-2008, 09:36 AM
For me, it's breakfast, clean, shower, walk dog, nap, and...watch the game.

Come on, Pack!

coolman3
01-12-2008, 09:40 AM
PACK MUST WIN....OR ELSE, THOMPSON MUST BE FIRED.

I will leave for Green Bay in an hour.

Rastak
01-12-2008, 09:42 AM
PACK MUST WIN....OR ELSE, THOMPSON MUST BE FIRED.

I will leave for Green Bay in an hour.

Enjoy the game Tank.

coolman3
01-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks, man. I wish the Pack have Moss. Oh well...

Rastak
01-12-2008, 09:54 AM

I can't believe he stayed healthy all year. man that guy has talent. I thought he was ready to fade away....WRONG.

coolman3
01-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I can't believe he stayed healthy all year. man that guy has talent. I thought he was ready to fade away....WRONG.

I think you guys trading away Moss rank right up there with Atlanta trading away Favre. Vikes would be unstoppable with Moss and Peterson on the same team.

Anyway, gotta go get ready...later.

ND72
01-12-2008, 10:01 AM
not gonna lie, i'm as pumped as I've ever been to go to a game. we're heading up about 1 from Appleton. Excitement. Lambeau is gonna be ROCKIN.

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Who are all the PackerRats going to the game?

Bretsky
Tank
ND

Anyone else? GBR, are you going?

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 10:07 AM

You're right. Partial, GO TO WORK!! (do you need to actually sell anything in order for the Pack to win or do you just hang out in the electronics department all afternoon?)

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Just play smart.

M3 - no stupid timeouts or challenges. He's got to improve here in the playoffs.

Please, please - no stupid calls on 3rd and 1. I may end up throwing the remote through the the TV.

Favre - as the Walrus would say, "no rocket balls, please". Don't force throws into double/triple coverage.

OLine - get ready. Bring some extra protection early and let Brett get going early.

Crowd - make Seattle realize what a 12th Man is really all about.

I want this W and a Super Bowl more than many things in my life - sounds pathetic - but we could be witnessing the single greatest 3 games in Packer history!

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Not in our house; winning at Lambeau is paramount.

Still, I'm as nervous as back in 1997 vs Panthers....and that's nervous. But excited too.

I'm wearing my authentic AJ Hawk jersey and Packers are 6-0 this season when I wear it.

GO PACK GO :pack:

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Just a note; please hold no grudge as I may get very emotional in posts tonight.I bleed green'n'gold like crazy :P
GG to all at the game - MAKE SOME NOISE

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 10:56 AM
GEEEZ, so now WHAT?

The Chili is simmering on the stove, housework is done. What is there to do for 4 hours??????

Guess I'll take the dog for a walk. At least that will keep her mind off the Chili lol

gbgary
01-12-2008, 10:57 AM

me too. i totally discounted him for this year.

gbgary
01-12-2008, 11:01 AM
GEEEZ, so now WHAT?

The Chili is simmering on the stove, housework is done. What is there to do for 4 hours??????

Guess I'll take the dog for a walk. At least that will keep her mind off the Chili lol

dogs and chili, are NOT a good combination!!

you could go paint your face green and gold?!

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
GEEEZ, so now WHAT?

dogs and chili, is NOT a good combination!!

I think Kiwon would have to disagree with that. :D

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 11:07 AM
GEEEZ, so now WHAT?

dogs and chili, are NOT a good combination!!

you could go paint your face green and gold?!

OR, I could spray paint the dog!!! :lol:

j/k I mentioned "walk" and she's sitting here staring at me now. Spoiled brat. :P See you guys later.

Partial
01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Who would have ever thought this season would be such a dream and we'd be playing in week two of the playoffs at home?!? Michelle, be loud and make us proud today!!

I have a hunch most of the local sports bars are going to be packed so I am going to head over there by around 2ish to watch the pregame.

Today should be a glorious day!!!

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I wonder if this guy will be out prowling the streets of Green Bay after the game......

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4955/621hawks120231muhummerkp9.jpg

I think not. 8-)

Rastak
01-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Who would have ever thought this season would be such a dream and we'd be playing in week two of the playoffs at home?!? Michelle, be loud and make us proud today!!

I have a hunch most of the local sports bars are going to be packed so I am going to head over there by around 2ish to watch the pregame.

Mo's Irish pub or the Milwaukee Ale house would be my choices........

ND72
01-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I will be the naked guy in row 5 :lol: or not

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 11:17 AM

Partial, are you kidding me??? Go to WORK!! It always screws up the mojo when you're not working.

Freak Out
01-12-2008, 11:18 AM
No blocked punts or special teams snafu and we crush their heads!

Go Pack!

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 11:19 AM
GEEEZ, so now WHAT?

Ewww....

twoseven
01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Tauscher reminds Kerney he's not in Seattle today.

Somebody smacks Hasselback in the mouth, twice.

D holds Alexander under 60 yards.

No INTs for Brett.

Secondary picks two.

We win.

packinpatland
01-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Hey PR's, we can still make the game :lol!(cheaper than I paid for the Bear game)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ani52pn3XBZsXyPx04hzplb2zr8F?slug=ap-playofftickets&prov=ap&type=lgns

GBRulz
01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
well guys, the gang is starting to arrive.... There are 14 of us going to the game and we're setting up the tailgate party in the parking lot at Sideline Sports Bar.

unlike the posters game, I have a voice today and it will be LOUD !!!

It seems like we've been waiting forever for this game and I swear this morning has gone soooo slow! Let's play already!!!!!!

partial, I see you aren't working today.... you know damn well that by some small miracle the Hawks pull one out, YOU will be to blame...haha.

Everyone enjoy the game and GOOOOOOO PACKERS

Partial
01-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Partial, are you kidding me??? Go to WORK!! It always screws up the mojo when you're not working.

I took a leave of absence due to new job.

Partial
01-12-2008, 11:49 AM
GEEEZ, so now WHAT?

Nice!

Partial
01-12-2008, 12:06 PM

You're right. Partial, GO TO WORK!! (do you need to actually sell anything in order for the Pack to win or do you just hang out in the electronics department all afternoon?)

We've got this on lockdown. Today is going to be the AJ Hawk coming out party!!!!!

Partial
01-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Great intro Bretsky! Bring home a W 'Rats

Packers4Ever
01-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Tauscher reminds Kerney he's not in Seattle today.

Somebody smacks Hasselback in the mouth, twice.

D holds Alexander under 60 yards.

No INTs for Brett.

Secondary picks two.

We win.

Hey twosevern, welcome aboard and enjoy your visit !
Great suggestions you made up there! :five: GO PACK !!

Green Bud Packer
01-12-2008, 12:56 PM
The Packs "D" needs to step up to playoff intensity.

It's gonna be three heart-wrenching hours for me. I love it.

Packers4Ever
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM

me too. i totally discounted him for this year.

I know one who has stayed healthy for eighteen years !!

GO PACK !!!!

Partial
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
duh DUH! du do do dah! GO PACK GO!!!!

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 01:23 PM
duh DUH! du do do dah! GO PACK GO!!!!

I think you're working streak flips for the playoffs - meaning you can't work and must watch the game :P

CaptainKickass
01-12-2008, 01:24 PM
The Captain is here for a sec to say hello to all you Rats who have kept me entertained and up to date for several seasons now. Thanks to all of you and here's to a Pack "W" in a playoff game at Lambeau.

I got all the WI fixins for the party at my place - several kinds of cheese, brats, ribs, beers, cheese dip, cheese puffs, cheese head, etc etc

Go Pack!

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Vince wants a 'W' too!

http://www.hostpic.biz/uploads/6545708552.jpg (http://www.hostpic.biz)

Go PACK Go!

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Sounds like a good time captain :lol:

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
A day like today keeps all of us adults able to remember what it was like to wait those final hours for Santa to come. :D

GO PACK!! :clap:

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
A day like today keeps all of us adults able to remember what it was like to wait those final hours for Santa to come. :D

GO PACK!! :clap:

Santa Clause came every year. The playoffs only comes around every so often. Playoff football > Birth of Jesus.

Although, a few years down the road I could see Holmgren looking a lot like Kris Kringle himself. :D

Still 2 hours to go.......

BlueBrewer
01-12-2008, 01:55 PM
any word on DJ Hacket yet?

Packers4Glory
01-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Ugh this day is taking FOREVER http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l212/redbirdfan1/nutkick.gif

arcilite
01-12-2008, 02:02 PM

Him and deion branch are going to play.

BlueBrewer
01-12-2008, 02:04 PM

shit

Tarlam!
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am here, I am IN LOVE, IN LUST and PLAY-OFF HUNGRY!!!!

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 02:09 PM

shit

The only receiver that can be a threat to the Pack is Bobby Engram. Branch is mediocre and Hackett isn't going to be 100%.

BlueBrewer
01-12-2008, 02:10 PM

shit

The only receiver that can be a threat to the Pack is Bobby Engram. Branch is mediocre and Hackett isn't going to be 100%.

I hope you are right.

packinpatland
01-12-2008, 02:12 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Was wondering where you were! :lol:

Packers4Glory
01-12-2008, 02:14 PM

TMI between the I am here and play-off hungry!

jconnor99
01-12-2008, 02:17 PM
nfl.com has all the greenbay highlights from each game this year. Got me pumped up, figured others would like to watch it while waiting for game time.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/matchup?game_id=29520&displayPage=tab_matchup&season=2007&week=POST19

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
nfl.com has all the greenbay highlights from each game this year. Got me pumped up, figured others would like to watch it while waiting for game time.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/matchup?game_id=29520&displayPage=tab_matchup&season=2007&week=POST19

That was sweet - thanks!

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
All week the talk has been about how great the Seahawks Defense is. While they might be a solid bunch, lets not forget who they have played:

Week 11: Bears, Rex Grossman (do I need to say anymore)

Week 12: Rams, Gus Frerotte (backup)

Week 13: Eagles, AJ Feeley (backup)

Week 15: Panthers, Matt Moore (3rd string)

Week 16: Ravens, Troy Smith (3rd string)

Week 17: Atlanta, Chris Redman (backup)

Wild Card: Redskins, Todd Collins (backup)

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Interesting piece of information I found from a Bill Simmons article. Though we've been winning and winning convincingly, it's really impressive when you see it on paper.

On the flip side, the Packers started taking care of business after their Week 7 bye, when Ryan Grant gave them a running game and they won their last seven games by 11, 34, 14, 11, 31, 19 and 21 points. You know what that tells me? That they can protect and expand a lead.

Brando19
01-12-2008, 02:30 PM
We are 1 hour away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am VERY nervous about this game, but I'm excited, too! I hope it's a Packer blowout by halftime so I can relax and enjoy the game. Let's go Packers! Here's to Favre having a 350 yard 3 TD 0 INT day, Grant having a 130 yard day, and the Defense having 2-3 picks!

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
inactives

16 QB Craig Nall (third QB)
19 WR Shaun Bodiford
27 CB Will Blackmon
55 LB Desmond Bishop
69 T Orrin Thompson
87 TE Ryan Krause
93 DT Conrad Bolston
95 DT Daniel Muir

Guess the new defensive lineman from MN beat-out Muir.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
What do you mean "beat out" Muir? You mean he was listed first on the inactive list?

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I think the Packers are going to kick ass today. Bigby is going to crush somebody. Kampman is going to have a monster day. Jennings is going to make a big play. Driver is going to get his chances with Trufant one on one. Grant is going to have an inconsistant day, but he'll break enough big ones to change the game.

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
What do you mean "beat out" Muir? You mean he was listed first on the inactive list?

hah! good point. I saw Muir on list and assumed he was the only D-lineman inactive. Poor reading comprehension.

Odd that both those guys are inactive, they are playing a little short-handed at DT this week. I don't like it.

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I agree with Harlan, the lack of depth on DL concerns me.

Lurker64
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree with Harlan, the lack of depth on DL concerns me.

Maybe the idea is that the Seahawks run 20% of the time, on a good day, so KGB will be playing significant time outside so they can move Jenkins in if they have to.

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Maybe the idea is that the Seahawks run 20% of the time, on a good day, so KGB will be playing significant time outside so they can move Jenkins in if they have to.

Sure, this is failsafe plan. But I don't like the idea of the fat guys having to play more snaps.

I guess the coaches know the talent dropoff to the two last tackles is significant.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I think Bigby and Collins may be a weak spot on our D today. Their spread set will test our S's and Williams.

Brando19
01-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I think Bigby and Collins may be a weak spot on our D today. Their spread set will test our S's and Williams.

Hopefully they can make some plays minus the penalties, otherwise Rouse could be an option.

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 03:04 PM

Aren't Bigby and Collins always the weak spot on our defense? :?:

I'm sure Bigby or Collins will give up at least one big play.

Willard
01-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Boy, am I excited. Why won't these talking heads shut up so we can on with the show? Go Pack Go!

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Funny picture currently on the front page of ESPN.com.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0111/nfl_g_packerfan_412.jpg

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 03:08 PM

Atari had a nose for the ball in December (4 INTs) and got the NFC Def Player of the month....

I predict he gets one today.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I hope your correct on that. That bulldog picture is awesome :lol:

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
That bulldog picture is awesome :lol:

Only in Green Bay..... :D

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey, Lee Remmel got some attention. Good for him.

Freak Out
01-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Let go Pack! :glug:

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Game-time is finally here. I'll be in and out through the game.

Let's go Pack. Get us a win. :wave:

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 03:27 PM
What must happen: Packers start fast, scoring; avoid fast start by Seahawks.

Let's roll!

Go Pack Go :pack:

gex
01-12-2008, 03:28 PM
:D :D :D WOOHOO lets kick some seahag ass!!!!!!!!!!!! Get LOUD lambeau!!!!

FritzDontBlitz
01-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Damn, I haven't been this nervous since the last time I played.

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Hello, I am a Mac... :lol:

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 03:32 PM
16 more commercials and the game MIGHT start. :D

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
There was a great parody of that Manning ad, with Eli in it. The computer voice, instead of counting down to a sack, was counting down to an interception.

gbgary
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM

i think safety is the weak spot on almost every defensive backfield. ours are pretty good as it goes. since the seagals are so one dimensional the key is pressure on the qb. i think our linebackers will be big today.

GO PACK GO!!!!

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:35 PM
OK, good omen there?

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:36 PM
KRob blocked right into him

gbgary
01-12-2008, 03:37 PM
WOW........he's clearly done for the day

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
UGH!!

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Reminds me of San Fran playoff game.

mmmdk
What must happen: Packers start fast, scoring; avoid fast start by Seahawks.

Let's roll!

Go Pack Go :pack:

Need I say more...

Packers4Glory
great its going to be another one of THOSE games...nice season boys

GrnBay007
That was crazy.

gbgary
01-12-2008, 03:40 PM
that's it for seattle. that's all the points they get the rest of the way.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Brett, stay calm, don't fraak out, everyone stay calm

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I think the Pack has been undefeated when kicking off. Our O rarely starts fast.

This is the worst possible start to a game I've seen.

FUCK

gbgary

especially MM.

b bulldog
4 glory, I hope your wrong but this is an awful start

Willard
1:41pm. I think I'll have that Margarita now.

CaliforniaCheez
01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
This is what happens when you practice indoors all the time.

The blame is on McCarthy!!

FritzDontBlitz

HUH?

OK, I have a question: WTF is McCarthy thinking by starting the game with a pass???

GrnBay007

Have a double!! :D

mmmdk
That was crazy.

Not crazy; crappy as in "Packers not ready for prime time". Seattle looks ready and there was no crazy thing about the play - IT WAS CRAPPY PLAY!

LET'S MOVE ON THOUGH - still lots of time left.

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:43 PM
There you go boys, we can run on this team

pbmax
Good grief

GrnBay007

Ok, 2nd fumble. I NEED A DOUBLE!!

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Goodnight Green Bay! :x

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Explain why the Seahawks haven't fumbled yet?

FritzDontBlitz
01-12-2008, 03:45 PM
WOW.

Not mentally ready?

Fosco33
Now - this is the worst start ever.
Fucking amateurs.

And the penalties continue.

Keep playing this way and they DESERVE to lose.

pbmax
The throw wasa checkdown, starting with a pass isn't strange, but Grant has got to staunch the bleeding

HUH?

OK, I have a question: WTF is McCarthy thinking by starting the game with a pass???

Willard
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM

Ok, 2nd fumble. I NEED A DOUBLE!!

Where's that bong I used to have........

CaliforniaCheez
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Why is this team looking like dumb rookies.

Well, McCarthy is a rookie at playoff action and not been part of a winner in the past.

McCarthuy doesn't know how to prepare for the playoffs.

We have to wait for haltime for adjustments.

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 03:47 PM
WOW.

Not mentally ready?

There were a few of us calling it but I still hoped otherwise.

The game is not over but I doubt we'll prevail. Sorry!

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Wait all this time for this crap, D needs a stop, desperately.

pbmax
01-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Its gonna hapen with young players, they need to buckle down and keep their head (Grant and Williams)

FritzDontBlitz
Explain why the Seahawks haven't fumbled yet?

LOL

Only having to run 3 plays to be up 7-0 might help.

I can see the headlines already. Packers go down 10-0 before the Pack gets their fist real drive going, Favre is forced to play catchup....and if he even throws ONE pick the game was lost because of him being interception prone.

b bulldog
Way too early to throw the towel in folks. Limit them to 3....please

TennesseePackerBacker
It's still early, stay calm, a lot of time left to play

OptimisticRealist
What has McCarthy done wrong? That the guy slipped on the kickoff? That they didnt stuff them at the 1? It's Grant's 2 fumbles... nothing to do with McCarthy.

GrnBay007
Everything is going to be fine once they get rolling. :D

CaliforniaCheez
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Turnover ratio is -2 currently. That gives the Seahawks a 71% chance of winning.

Brett can't have faith in running game and has to come from behind. He can start throwing wild.

Packers4Glory
geez we need to hold them to a FG and go down and get a damn score

gbgary
everyone calm down. it'll be fine.

pbmax
Need some pressure guys

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Way too early to throw the towel in folks. Limit them to 3....please

GrnBay007
WOW.

Packers4Glory
ALL day to throw for Matty H

Fosco33
Who would've thought game would be over in under 5 min of play?

This is so fucking sad.

Lynx4Ben
01-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm going to cry :cry:

Fosco33
M3 needs a serious lesson on challenges.

They indicated pushout.

b bulldog
Pretenders!!!!

Brando19
Oh My Gosh...this sucks....this really really sucks.

FritzDontBlitz
am noticing Tramon Williams is ice skating like crazy.

Holmgren picks on Collins for the TD. Nice.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 03:52 PM
The passrush has been an issue for the last half of the season. I've been posting at nauseum about it

mmmdk
Worst Packer home playoff game ever - tops Minnesota by far.

OptimisticRealist
Terrible call by the ref there. I hate that force out rule. GB got screwed earlier in the year with it.

GB has really got their work cut out for them.

b bulldog
Another embarrassment at Lambeau

GrnBay007
Grant needs to brush this off fast or he will be no good the rest of the game. Going to be tough though with 2 scores on his screw ups

pbmax
That might be easy to see sitting in the living room :lol:

not sure about sidelines

They indicated pushout.

RIPackerFan
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Only good thing to come of this is if we lose this - Favre will be back to get the taste out of his mouth.

b bulldog
Who the hell cares about the call, we can't stop them. They get 6 seconds to throw the ball and we fumble on O.

pbmax
That was Woodson's guy, wasn't it?

am noticing Tramon Williams is ice skating like crazy.

Holmgren picks on Collins for the TD. Nice.

b bulldog
wHAT A STUPID POST

Fosco33
That might be easy to see sitting in the living room :lol:

not sure about sidelines

They indicated pushout.

The guys upstairs help him challenge.

He has one of the worst records and makes terrible challenges - all season.

BEARMAN
Judgement call ! ? :shock:

Willard
01-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Oops. I wasn't wearing my lucky GBP baseball cap and sweatshirt! Problem solved. Smooth sailing from here on out. My bad........

b bulldog
Nothing good about losing this game, nothing at all.

CaliforniaCheez
These guys are not ready for outdoor weather!!

McCarthy did not have them prepared because he has them practicing in the Hutson Center.

Mud and moisture are factors in the game that McCarthy has completely ignored.

retailguy

I'm sure if you all try hard enough, you can find a way to blame it on Mike Sherman....

We're 5 minutes into this, and you're all proclaiming the "game" over.

WTF? What kind of fans are you all?

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Pretenders!!!!

Packers D is way overrated. Packers O-line will be killed from hereon out; Favre too.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-12-2008, 03:56 PM
green bay comes back to win by 10, remember these words

BEARMAN
Seahawk facemask and NO call ?

FritzDontBlitz
If Green Bay is not able to mount some type of challenge offensively I will agree with the observation the Packers are built on a dome team philosophy.

Good start to this 3rd drive so far.

OptimisticRealist
Wow, I am really disappointed about the start of this game but you guys sure turn on the whole team pretty quick.

BEARMAN
01-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Who said the officials are profesionals and will not avenge/remember hurting one of theirs ? :shock:

Fosco33

I'm sure if you all try hard enough, you can find a way to blame it on Mike Sherman....

Realistic. 0.5% of the entire season was played by 10 points or more down. We spot them 14 and have 2 turnovers on 2 possessions.

Don't know the %'s - but I'd be willing to bet there's only a few in a hundred games that could be turned around after this start.

pbmax
Why aren't the Seahawks affected by your theory?

McCarthy did not have them prepared because he has them practicing in the Hutson Center.

gbgary
we handled the blitz great on that play

GrnBay007
JJ Baby!!!!!!! :clap:

TennesseePackerBacker
01-12-2008, 03:58 PM
beautiful,

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH

gbgary
the comeback begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CaliforniaCheez

They practice in the elements and played in it last week. They have had few offensive plays yet.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 03:59 PM
4 is on fire

Brando19
TD JENNINGS

pbmax
Look, the Packers have learned to play in cold weather!

It was only a matter of time!

OptimisticRealist
Yeah, no one has ever come back from a 14-0 deficit. Nor a 14-7 deficit.

GrnBay007
YES!!!! :D

retailguy

Realistic. 0.5% of the entire season was played by 10 points or more down. We spot them 14 and have 2 turnovers on 2 possessions.

Don't know the %'s - but I'd be willing to bet there's only a few in a hundred games that could be turned around after this start.

So, does your theory still hold with 2 turnovers, 14pts, and a 14-7 score with 8 minutes played?

Yep, it's HOPELESS. That Favre guy, no, he won't help. at all.

:roll: :wink:

FritzDontBlitz
HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

AWESOME ADJUSTMENT on that route by Jennings.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 04:00 PM
yes, we're back in this .

pbmax
You are sure Holmgren has them practicing when its raining?

They practice in the elements and played in it last week. They have had few offensive plays yet.

b bulldog
Oline along with Brett was dominant on that drive!!!!

GrnBay007
Thats all they needed............now they will go on a tear!!!!!

CaliforniaCheez
Favre 5 for 5 60 yards and a TD.

BEARMAN
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Hope the Officials don't let the hawks win..... ? :shock:

b bulldog
I hate games like this, I'm way to emotional

Lynx4Ben
I don't think I have every been so nervous in my life. This is crazy. Maybe the GB/Philly playoff or the GB/Den superbowl. I am freaking out...

b bulldog
Hopefully it will be like the BCS championship game

pbmax
bulldog, I think we can run on them too. But Grant needs to imitate Csonka for a while.

Oline along with Brett was dominant on that drive!!!!

mmmdk
Great TD; still got ways to go.

Big Qs: can D step up? Can O stop committing turnovers? Time will tell. Packers haven't been behind much this season...

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Favre 5 for 5 60 yards and a TD.

Awesome!

Willard
01-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Oops. I wasn't wearing my lucky GBP baseball cap and sweatshirt! Problem solved. Smooth sailing from here on out. My bad........

Like I said..........Now lets have a 3 and out.

mmmdk
01-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I hate games like this, I'm way to emotional
Me too and I apologize for that :wink:

GrnBay007

Like I said..........Now lets have a 3 and out.

Well if that didn't work, I was going to change. Gotta keep our bases covered. lol

FritzDontBlitz
Damn. Its snowing like a mofo.

retailguy
01-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Big Qs: can D step up? Can O stop committing turnovers? Time will tell. Packers haven't been behind much this season...

Well, it's too bad that the game is over, so that won't help... You did proclaim it over, didn't you? It's HOPELESS, remember?

TennesseePackerBacker
01-12-2008, 04:05 PM
MAN THAT STADIUM IS ROCKING, IT'S CONTAGIOUS BABY

gbgary
awesome stand by the D

pbmax
Jenkins stole his belt!

Pacopete4
GREEN BAY.... YOU ARE THE BETTER TEAM.. LETS FUCKIN GO!

GrnBay007
MAN THAT STADIUM IS ROCKING, IT'S CONTAGIOUS BABY

It is. They are very loud today!!

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Dline got that drive stopped

Brando19
Okay...score here...keep Hass pressured...and keep scoring...sound like a gameplan??

b bulldog
Hopefully all the Rats that are there are yelling their butts off

OptimisticRealist
01-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Solid drive here for a TD score and the game starts over, but with some GB momentum.

b bulldog
Another score by the O would really be great here

gbgary
Dline got that drive stopped

along with the blitz and great coverage!!

BEARMAN
Refs will not make a call for the pack ? I have seen a facemask and a unessasary ruffness and no flags? :shock:

retailguy
Okay...score here...keep Hass pressured...and keep scoring...sound like a gameplan??

sounds like a better game plan than has been executed so far.... I think you should call McCarthy now... You do have his Motorola Headset number, don't you? :P :wink:

b bulldog
Oline, keep winning the battle and we'll be fine

CaliforniaCheez
01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
That chill pill is kicking in. Getting calmer.

FritzDontBlitz
Hasselbeck was in panic on that last play, Poppy saved him by jumping offside.

Great pressure and sack on the ensuing play.

I want you to notice something: Seattle players are trying to bait the younger Packers into losing their cool by grabbing, pushing and shoving at the end of plays like they did on that downed punt.

Brando19

sounds like a better game plan than has been executed so far.... I think you should call McCarthy now... You do have his Motorola Headset number, don't you? :P :wink:

I'm on the line with him now...thanks for the advice.

mmmdk

Well, it's too bad that the game is over, so that won't help... You did proclaim it over, didn't you? It's HOPELESS, remember?

I think you failed in semantics, moderator!

Willard
01-12-2008, 04:09 PM
That chill pill is kicking in. Getting calmer.

margarita good....

Fosco33

So, does your theory still hold with 2 turnovers, 14pts, and a 14-7 score with 8 minutes played?

Did I say impossible - no. Regardless - take those 14 away and think about this - how may of you predicted a 14+ point win? That's what they'll need to move on.

Obviously there's still time.

Have we went back to Grant yet? He needed (and needs) to have a big game in this weather.... How many of you want to play this one without a running game?

pbmax
Jones should have had that!

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Jones :x

retailguy

Great! Would you tell him to hold his playcard over his face and simulate ordering a pizza just for old times sake? I know the nervous nellie's in here would appreciate it... And, tell him RG says "Hi".... :P

b bulldog
Should have had the first down on that one. great pass by Brett

OptimisticRealist
Hasselbeck was in panic on that last play, Poppy saved him by jumping offside.

Great pressure and sack on the ensuing play.

I want you to notice something: Seattle players are trying to bait the younger Packers into losing their cool by grabbing, pushing and shoving at the end of plays like they did on that downed punt.

I noticed that too. Thankfully they haven't caved in yet. Hopefully the refs will flagged them for it once or offer a warning cause it is pretty obvious.

BEARMAN
Shouldn't that have been a delay of game call on the seahawks ?

GrnBay007
Refs will not make a call for the pack ? I have seen a facemask and a unessasary ruffness and no flags? :shock:

Bearman, are you actually rooting for the Packers today? :D

Brando19
I don't know how well the snow is going to play to our advantage....why is BJack in there? Grant's fumble prone so he's out or being rotated?

FritzDontBlitz
The main key is how the younger players respond. Jones kind of short=armed that deflection and nearly created an interception.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Damn, it is really snowing there. We need to not forget about the run game

b bulldog
Sarcasm, bearman :lol:

Brando19

Great! Would you tell him to hold his playcard over his face and simulate ordering a pizza just for old times sake? I know the nervous nellie's in here would appreciate it... And, tell him RG says "Hi".... :P

LOL...I'll told him you said hi and he said he reads all your posts...he's a big fan!

retailguy
01-12-2008, 04:12 PM

I think you failed in semantics, moderator!

good call on the moderator line, I just repeated your words back to you? Don't like them? Don't say them..... :wink:

TennesseePackerBacker
looks like we are playing against 12 today

Fosco33
Did M3 take Grant out of this game?

Can they win w/o a running game?

FritzDontBlitz
01-12-2008, 04:13 PM
WTF REF?????

Replay the spot please M3.

BEARMAN
Bad Spot, why are the officials doing this ?

gbgary
bubba............1st down

TennesseePackerBacker
man Favre is looking poised today, like a real leader, like he actually see's the prize again. If we lose today it won't be Favre's fault.

Brando19
01-12-2008, 04:14 PM
i don't know about that challenge...we may have lost this one.

pbmax
Nope he has been back in there

Did M3 take Grant out of this game?

Can they win w/o a running game?

mmmdk
Packers needed to score a TD; keep gunning like crazy and then maybe...oh they challenge it!

I think it's a FD but can refs see it?

Brando19
Nevermind....seattles defender had his arm under bubba's knee!!

CaliforniaCheez
I don't know how well the snow is going to play to our advantage....why is BJack in there? Grant's fumble prone so he's out or being rotated?

McCarthy says Jackson is better at pass blocking.

retailguy
01-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Did I say impossible - no. Regardless - take those 14 away and think about this - how may of you predicted a 14+ point win? That's what they'll need to move on.

Obviously there's still time.

Have we went back to Grant yet? He needed (and needs) to have a big game in this weather.... How many of you want to play this one without a running game?

<sniff> <sniff> I smell <sniff> a BACKTRACK here..... Yep, <sniff>, that's what it is... :wink:

They don't "have" to win by 14. You're assuming that Seattle won't "give away" anything the rest of the game... :idea:

TennesseePackerBacker
01-12-2008, 04:15 PM

McCarthy says Jackson is better at pass blocking.

lol, how things change since training camp

FritzDontBlitz
01-12-2008, 04:16 PM
i don't know about that challenge...we may have lost this one.

His arm was fully extended before his knee touched. No way he could be down 1 yard before that.

FritzDontBlitz
Respot

pbmax
Good call M3

retailguy
01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Bad Spot, why are the officials doing this ?

My guess is that it involves a dishonest Chicago politician, and a significant amount of transit money for RTA. :wink: