PDA

View Full Version : The O-line

Freak Out
01-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Were monsters today. Hats off to you guys. :worship:

MTPackerfan
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Amen to that, they dominated the line today.

b bulldog
01-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Total, 100% domination!

Pacopete4
01-12-2008, 06:52 PM
so much for our tackels being too old and washed up... kinda reminds me of the shit talking about favre the past couple years... love all 3 of em

Green Bud Packer
01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Wahle who?

MadtownPacker
01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I said the seattle offense would not stop the Pack O. They got shutdown bad.

The Grant fumbles kept them from being totally embarrassed.

Well not really. :D

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Best game of the season for the OL, without a doubt.

Joemailman
01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Best game by the Packers OL since Wahle left. If only the coaches can get some consistency out of Colledge. That's the key.

Fosco33
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Kuhn needs some lovin too!

mission
01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
i thought bubba blocked really well today also :!:

Freak Out
01-12-2008, 07:18 PM

He and Bubba made some key blocks out there. :glug:

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 07:20 PM
The Oline did an excellent job moving the defense off the line of scrimage in the running game.

As far as pass protection: it was very good, but notice that the Packer defensive line got no pressure until late in the game either. I think the poor footing made it difficult to rush the passer, and overall this worked in Green Bay's favor.

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 07:20 PM

The people that say Hendo would be a better person to have on the roster need to eat some crow.

FBs make a difference. Great play by Kuhn.

pbmax
01-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Really was marvelous they way they blocked. Snow helped negate the speed, but very few breakdowns. Impressive.

pbmax
01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Good call Harlan. We'll need better pressure if its the Cowboys.

The Oline did an excellent job moving the defense off the line of scrimage in the running game.

As far as pass protection: it was very good, but notice that the Packer defensive line got no pressure until late in the game either. I think the poor footing made it difficult to rush the passer, and overall this worked in Green Bay's favor.

oregonpackfan
01-12-2008, 07:54 PM
i thought bubba blocked really well today also :!:

On two of Grant's TD runs, I saw Bubba make key blocks. With the Packers needing more offense from the run because of the snow, Bubba's value as a blocking TE really became apparent.

4and12to12and4
01-13-2008, 11:32 AM
This was the key to the game. Some of Grant's runs yesterday were due to flawless chemistry in the o-line. I have never seen them so in sync with each other, including the tight ends (Bubba especially) and the fullbacks. I mean, they DOMINATED Seattle, which is the one area we were suppose to get creamed. And it was there BEFORE the snow started sticking. One thing that shouldn't get lost in this is that we were on are way to a blowout victory before the snow started affecting the game, the snow just made it harder for Seattle to launch any kind of comeback. It didn't start sticking until midway through the third quarter, we were up by three scores by then. I believe if it didn't snow, we would've scored 50 or 60. We simply dominated them in every phaze of the game. The most impressive game of the year. Bigby and the o-line set the tone early and the Packers simply played with more aggression and speed. Very impressive. We really looked like a 13-3 club yesterday!!

FritzDontBlitz
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Colledge still fascinates me. I just looked at the analysis of the scopp pass on JSO. For the life of me I cannot understand how he totally whiffs on a block like that. Apparently Colledge keys in one one guy before the snap and if there's a zoneblitz or twist he gets completely confused and hesitates before he picks someone up. Adherence to good technique would fix that. Instead of lunging at rushers like he does on that play, Colledge should be stepping back and reading the path of the rushers before he commits. A sack probably wouldn't have changed the final outcome of the game, but it worries the crap out of me to see mental lapses like that knowing he'll be facing a 3-4 defense should Dallas win.

Packers4Ever
01-13-2008, 06:41 PM
OK here's what I just don't understand - this was the 17th (?) game of the season, right? Shouldn't SOMEone have taken ahold of him before now and said look, this is how it's done? (Colledge) The poor guy probably does not feel at all comfortable about his role in the Line whenever he sets foot on the field.
Nothing against Coach here, but surely he sees this too and would want to take steps to train or re-train Colledge.

Other than that, didn't they play a beautiful game yesterday? They were a joy to watch in every phase of the game - dare we hope :wink: to see another one just like it next weekend or is that asking a bit too much?
:wink: