PDA

View Full Version : Brad Johnson

Tarlam!
05-20-2006, 02:16 PM
How can anyone be down on this guy. NFL.com has a video interview and he's really a nice guy.

Boy, I hope our 'backers don't watch that shit....

BlueBrewer
05-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Nice guy or not I sure am glad that their entire season is in his hands. Great for Packers fans everywhere.

pbmax
05-20-2006, 03:00 PM
How can anyone be down on this guy. NFL.com has a video interview and he's really a nice guy.

Boy, I hope our 'backers don't watch that shit....
The only discouraging word I have ever heard about Johnson was from a Wahington area reporter, who said there was a thread of, can someone please look at my numbers and wins and give me some respect? approach to Johnson's dealings with the media.

And that is pretty mundane, even for a guy looking to get a little attention.

MadtownPacker
05-20-2006, 03:03 PM
I dont care if he is helping a old lady cross the street. I see his lavender wearing ass and I will run him down. Tarlam too for starting this thread.

Tarlam!
05-20-2006, 03:38 PM
I dont care if he is helping a old lady cross the street. I see his lavender wearing ass and I will run him down. Tarlam too for starting this thread.

Yah, but I really have empathy with a grown man forced to wear lavender 'cause he's too washed up to play elsewhere.

BTW, I deserve killin' for starting this thread. I only hope none of our 'backers are reading this, though, I know, EVERY PACKER AND FRONT OFFICE GUY reads my stuff.

mraynrand
05-20-2006, 03:53 PM
He is a good guy. The only reason Holmgren ever won in the metrodome was that in the one game (1997) he won, Brad Johnson's head was barely attached to his body.

Johnson's had a weird career. After Bowden wouldn't let him pass for a first down when Casey Weldon lost his shoe, and FSU missed a late FG because of it (costing FSU a National Championship), he bumbled around for years before hitting it big with Gruden for a couple of years. Brad Johnson is about as mobile as a nuclear reactor, but you've gotta be impressed with a guy who will just get absolutely destroyed by a DL rather than throw an INT.

Rastak
05-20-2006, 04:50 PM
He must have been 3rd string for something like 5 years for the Vikings when he first started out. I didn't look it up but it sure seemed like it.

And yes, he's a real nice guy...very low key and doesn't get rattled.

BlueBrewer
05-20-2006, 07:16 PM
He must have been 3rd string for something like 5 years for the Vikings when he first started out. I didn't look it up but it sure seemed like it.

The same could be said for TRENT DILFER ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh!!

Rastak
05-20-2006, 08:19 PM

The same could be said for TRENT DILFER ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh!!

Did he sit 3rd string for that long? I thought he was #2 a whole lot quicker than Brad ever was.

BlueBrewer
05-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Sorry I thought that comparing BJ to TD was an insult not a complement. :wink:

MJZiggy
05-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Say what you want about Dilfer, but the man's got a Super Bowl ring...

MadtownPacker
05-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Well so does brad johnson. Too bad for the vikings that it wasnt with them. Maybe they should have kept him back in the days? Maybe he is further proof that ... nah never mind, its crazy talk.

Rastak
05-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Sorry I thought that comparing BJ to TD was an insult not a complement. :wink:

Ah, I thought we were talking about players.....I suppose we could just trade insults...

BlueBrewer
05-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Just breakin Brad's balls, not yours Rastak. You are the most realistic Vikes fan that i have ever read, keep it up.

Tarlam!
05-21-2006, 08:10 AM
You are the most realistic Vikes fan that i have ever read, keep it up.

Sickening, isn't it? Ras takes all the fun outta hating lavender.... :twisted:

mngolf19
05-22-2006, 12:29 PM
You are the most realistic Vikes fan that i have ever read, keep it up.

Sickening, isn't it? Ras takes all the fun outta hating lavender.... :twisted:

Rastak and Brad Johnson are one in the same. :wink:

Partial
05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Nice guy or not I sure am glad that their entire season is in his hands. Great for Packers fans everywhere.

Hey now, he has won as many superbowls as Brett.

Rastak
05-22-2006, 12:56 PM

Actually I read this morning that his career record of 65-43 is the third best win-loss ratio among active quarterbacks with at least 50 starts.

Don't know if this is true or not. He was 7-2 last year though.

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Who were #1 and #2? Favre and Brady. I would guess that Manning would be better than that. Is this the same source that stated Tarvaris Jackson had the best arm strength at the combine?

mngolf19
05-22-2006, 02:07 PM

Actually I read this morning that his career record of 65-43 is the third best win-loss ratio among active quarterbacks with at least 50 starts.

Don't know if this is true or not. He was 7-2 last year though.

This is true, can't find #1 and 2 though.

Brad Johnson-One of the Top 20 passer ratings in NFL history. Connected on over 60% of his passes for last 10 straight seasons, the first quarterback in NFL history to do this (Joe Montana & Steve Young previously held the record with eight straight seasons). He has been twice selected to Pro Bowl. Is the only NFL quarterback to have thrown a touchdown pass to himself.

Rastak
05-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Who were #1 and #2? Favre and Brady. I would guess that Manning would be better than that. Is this the same source that stated Tarvaris Jackson had the best arm strength at the combine?

It didn't list #1 and #2 so I don't know. And no, Tarvaris wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Edit:
I found the link Harvey....

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/05/minnesota-vikings-changes220506.html

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2006, 04:55 PM
"With Culpepper gone, the days of five interception games are over, and the case of fumble-itis he had is also gone. In six seasons as a starter Culpepper has a whopping 122 career turnovers, an average of 20.33 a season. While Johnson, in double the amount of years, has 125 career turnovers. The cannon arm Culpepper possesses is gone, but Johnson's style fits head coach Brad Childress' west coast offense perfectly."

Funny! That's one way of slanting the stats. Johnson was a backup and didn't play some of those years. He has 3798 pass attempts, 240 rushing attempts, and 213 sacks in his career. Culpepper has 2607 pass attempts, 454 rushing attempts, and 228 sacks in his career. That's about 3300 "touches" where a turnover was possible. Johnson has about 4200 "touches". That equates to Johnson having 25% more touches and 40% more pass attempts, but to say he has the same career turnovers in twice as many games certainly makes it look a lot better.

Rastak
05-22-2006, 05:02 PM
"With Culpepper gone, the days of five interception games are over, and the case of fumble-itis he had is also gone. In six seasons as a starter Culpepper has a whopping 122 career turnovers, an average of 20.33 a season. While Johnson, in double the amount of years, has 125 career turnovers. The cannon arm Culpepper possesses is gone, but Johnson's style fits head coach Brad Childress' west coast offense perfectly."

Funny! That's one way of slanting the stats. Johnson was a backup and didn't play some of those years. He has 3798 pass attempts, 240 rushing attempts, and 213 sacks in his career. Culpepper has 2607 pass attempts, 454 rushing attempts, and 228 sacks in his career. That's about 3300 "touches" where a turnover was possible. Johnson has about 4200 "touches". That equates to Johnson having 25% more touches and 40% more pass attempts, but to say he has the same career turnovers in twice as many games certainly makes it look a lot better.

Yea, stats can be twisted any way you want in general. I see it on this forum, and every other forum I frequent. People try and make a point then go find some stats that support it. Either way, Culpepper did drive me nuts with those damn fumbles. He was either REALLY good or REALLY bad. QB play should at least be more consistent but not as spectacular at times.