PDA

View Full Version : Defense was incredible today

oregonpackfan
01-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I was very pleased with the overall effort of the Packers' defense today.

If you look at the Seahawks's 20 points, 14 came about because of Grant's fumble.

Another 3 points came about from the roughing the punter penalty against Brandon Jackson. The Packers had the Seahhawks stopped on a 3 and out, but Jackson's penalty extended the Seahawks' drive to a field goal score.

Without the turnovers and the roughing the punter penalty, the Packers' defense just gave up 3 points!

The defense limited the running game. They have good pursuit and had good coverage. Williams and Harris knocked away some critical passes. Bigby made some monster hits in the first half which caused a couple of receivers to worry about his presence to the point of dropping passes in the second half.

I would have liked to have seem more of a pass rush against Seattle but perhaps the slippery conditions limited the rush. In addition, the Packers' tackling was sloppy on a drive in the third quarter.

Overall, however, the defense had an excellent showing.

packinpatland
01-12-2008, 08:21 PM
OPF...........you took the words right out of my mouth!

The D played EXCELLENT!!!!

MadtownPacker
01-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Defense really only gave up 13 points IMO and 7 of those where after the 2nd Grant fumble.

oregonpackfan
01-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Defense really only gave up 13 points IMO and 7 of those where after the 2nd Grant fumble.

I respectfully disagree, Madtown. The first 14 points were not the fault of the defense. They were put into bad field position because of Grants two fumbles.

Zool
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Seattle went 50 years in 6 plays after the 2nd fumble, so I'll lay some of that on them.