PDA

View Full Version : Dallas or New York?

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd rather see the Packers go down to Dallas. Then they'll have the chance to really achieve something. A challenge is exciting, and it would be satisfying to FINALLY beat them. If the Giants slip past Dallas, there will always be a nagging feeling that Dallas is still the better team, and the Packers got a little lucky.

Ya, getting to the Super Bowl is a big deal. But to me beating Dallas on the road would be the real satisfaction. (And I'm not counting on any glory against New England in the Super Bowl)

Carpe Diem!

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't care about challenges.

I don't care about revenge.

I don't care about history.

I care about winning.

New York coming to Lambeau puts us in the best position to make the Super Bowl. I'm a Giants fan for a few short hours tomorrow.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree, HH. ONly reason I want the Giants is because it's another home game, but if we get Dallas, the victory is that much sweeter.

PlantPage55
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
If the Giants slip past Dallas, there will always be a nagging feeling that Dallas is still the better team, and the Packers got a little lucky.

You'll really feel that way? I won't. And if any Dallas fan tries to hassle you about it, then quite simply tell them, "Then your team should have fucking won your game to get the right to play us."

Simple as that. :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Dallas gave Green Bay a pretty good pounding during the regular season, even though Rodger the Dodger scrambled around and got the score close.

Anybody who doesn't have doubts in their mind as to whether the Packers are better than the Cowboys is a liar. A damnable liar.

I think the Packers can beat the Cowboys now, they are hot. I want more GLORY! I don't give a shit about beating the Giants.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
One game away from the SB. Wow, hard to believe.

GrnBay007
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
One game away from the SB. Wow, hard to believe.

I seriously can't even believe it.

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Dallas gave Green Bay a pretty good pounding during the regular season, even though Rodger the Dodger scrambled around and got the score close.

Anybody who doesn't have doubts in their mind as to whether the Packers are better than the Cowboys is a liar. A damnable liar.

I think the Packers can beat the Cowboys now, they are hot. I want more GLORY! I don't give a shit about beating the Giants.

I don't give a shit who we beat as long as we beat somebody. (twice)

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 11:39 PM
If we get Dallas, I agree with HH that we might be the slight favorites. I think we're doomed to lose to the Patriots even if we make it to the SB. Might as well get the glory of knocking off the Cowboys on the way to the SB loss. I'll watch the SB and root like hell, but I'm going to watch just hoping for the lucky game, not expecting a win.

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 11:42 PM
I think we're doomed to lose to the Patriots even if we make it to the SB.

You know how I feel about "doomed to lose" and "no way we're gonna win" statements, right? :smack: I don't know what team you're rooting for, but mine can beat anybody, including the Belicheaters. :evil:

BallHawk
01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
If we get Dallas, I agree with HH that we might be the slight favorites. I think we're doomed to lose to the Patriots even if we make it to the SB. Might as well get the glory of knocking off the Cowboys on the way to the SB loss. I'll watch the SB and root like hell, but I'm going to watch just hoping for the lucky game, not expecting a win.

I don't think many on here realistically think we're a better team than the Patriots. However, a lot believe in Any Given Sunday. If we can play like we did tonight (minus the fumbles) we can take on the Pats.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 11:49 PM
[ If we can play like we did tonight (minus the fumbles) we can take on the Pats.

haha, I'm almost believing. This season is too good to be true. Might as well finish it as suprisingly as they started it.

Partial
01-12-2008, 11:58 PM
I'd like to see it go through GB. Go NY!!

BF4MVP
01-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I'd like to see it go through GB. Go NY!!
QFT

Carolina_Packer
01-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Go Giants, beat the Cowpokes.

footballfever
01-13-2008, 07:11 AM
It doesn't matter who we play, the National media is going to play us down and play up whoever we are gonna play. I was okay with all the bad talk about our team during the regular season, I was kinda pissed hearing it all week this week. But after the game we had against the 2nd best team in the NFC (yes I would put Seattle as the number 2 team for a lot of reasons) I know we are gonna hear questions about our team. Bob Ryan from the Boston Herald was filling in on PTI friday on ESPN, he said the Packer's were a joke and the hype would end this weekend. Said he was sick of hearing about Brett Favre. Guess no one can steal the spotlight from fag bag brady, I think I'll go on a TV strike this week and watch no pregame analysis all week leading up to our championship game. This team believes in itself without a single doubt and its been beautiful to watch this season unfold. Go Giants!!!! One more home game at Lambeau would be nice, I'll try to get to this one.

b bulldog
01-13-2008, 08:57 AM
We would not be the favorites in Dallas. The spread would probably be in the 2-3 point range.
For all of those who think we have no chance against the Pats, I'd like to say one thing, all the Packers need to do is be better on one day, not the better team in generaL but just better on the one day the game is going to be played if we make it that far.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 09:36 AM
I mean I consider them the slight favorite. I think the Packers ARE the best team in the NFC right now. I thought they were better 5 weeks ago but they were knicked up playing a healthy team and the scheduling was just brutal for travel down that stretch. Then there was the officials. I just htink everything went against the Packers that game. I think we can (and will) beat Dallas if we play them again.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-13-2008, 09:42 AM
The Giants would be a much better match up for us. We would be at home, they lost Shockey for the year, and if it's bad weather you would force their running game to beat us which is what I consider the strength of our defense. TO makes Dallas scary because he makes you play defense differently. The Giants don't have a guy that will demand the type of attention. Not only that, but Dallas has a lot more play makers on their defense.

Bretsky
01-13-2008, 09:42 AM
The curse of Texas still has life. Go Giants !!

b bulldog
01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
tHE cOWBOYS WILL WIN TODAY imo, but it will be close. Dallas has went away from their run game, they need to give Barber many moe touches.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 10:26 AM
It makes sense to want to see the Giants win, it's a much easier path to the Super Bowl. I want to see the Packers break the Texas curse, prove beyond any doubt they are the best team in the NFC. Guess that's more interesting to me.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 10:27 AM
It doesn't matter who we play, the National media is going to play us down and play up whoever we are gonna play.

Huh!? Pack have been media darlings this year.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 10:30 AM
They've been media darlings in the sense that everyone loves them and feels "boy, they're just happy to be there". They're not considered great though. Nobody I hear is calling them elite. Look at the probowl voting. Look at the all pro voting. They are under the radar when it comes to being considered a real contender. They are the "aw shucks" darlings but I don't hink anyone here or in the Packers organization is interested in being that.

esoxx
01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I'd rather see the Packers go down to Dallas. Then they'll have the chance to really achieve something. A challenge is exciting, and it would be satisfying to FINALLY beat them. If the Giants slip past Dallas, there will always be a nagging feeling that Dallas is still the better team, and the Packers got a little lucky.

You still high from the gunge you smoked during the game?

Packers have a 50/50 chance if the game's in Dallas, 85-90% chance if it's the Giants in GB.

The NFL season all the way through is a challenge. We don't need no stinkin' extra challenges.

Take the path of least resistance. Giants in Lambeau and then play the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

In '96 the Cowboys beat the Packers. I've never felt a sense that the third Lombardi trophy is somehow tainted or lacks in any manner b/c there wasn't enough of a challenge b/c they beat Carolina, and didn't face Dallas in the NFC Championship Game.

Hogwash.

Good day Sir!

Partial
01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Logic says you want the game at Lambeau. Hard to argue with that logic.

Willard
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Logic says you want the game at Lambeau. Hard to argue with that logic.
Perhaps you should change from "Rogue Rat" to "Vulcan Rat", my logical friend.

Joemailman
01-13-2008, 02:02 PM
tHE cOWBOYS WILL WIN TODAY imo, but it will be close. Dallas has went away from their run game, they need to give Barber many moe touches.

According to a report I read, Barber is starting today instead of Julius Jones. First start for Barber this year.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/33314

woodbuck27
01-13-2008, 02:26 PM

Ya, getting to the Super Bowl is a big deal. But to me beating Dallas on the road would be the real satisfaction. (And I'm not counting on any glory against New England in the Super Bowl)

Carpe Diem!

Yup the road through Dallas seems better to me than the Giants at Lambeau.

Favre has to get the Monkey off his back. If we can't beat Dallas we certainly can't imagine defeating 'the Pats'.

Brohm
01-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Screw Dallas, go Giants and let the NFC Championship come through The Frozen Tundra :D

GBRulz
01-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I just checked the weather for next weekend. -7 is the low for Sunday. a high of 4 degrees.

Come on Giants !!!!

woodbuck27
01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
I just checked the weather for next weekend. -7 is the low for Sunday. a high of 4 degrees.

Come on Giants !!!!

Yup !

After some more thinking on this proposition I agree. We want that NFC Championship game in Lambeau for the Packer fans.

Screw the ego burst and Favre and Monkey off his back baloney. We need easier and Super Bowl game and another really good excuse for me to head HOME and watch that with all my Packer fan friends in Saint John,NB.

I'm really feeling it.

Definitely, that's spelled GIANTS.

PACKERS FOREVER!

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 02:42 PM

Come on Giants !!!!

Yup !

After some more thinking on this proposition I agree. We want that NFC Championship game in Lambeau for the Packer fans.

Screw the ego burst and Favre and Monkey off his back baloney. We need easier and Super Bowl game and another really good excuse for me to head HOME and watch that with all my Packer fan friends in Saint John,NB.

I'm really feeling it.

Definitely, that's spelled GIANTS.

PACKERS FOREVER!

He can get the monkey off his back NEXT season... :wink:

BallHawk
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM

Come on Giants !!!!

You using weather.com? They've got Saturday being a low of -7. They've got high of 4 and low of 3 for Sunday.

mmmdk
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM

Come on Giants !!!!

Holy Moses :shock: That's a homefield!!!

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey, PBMax!! You have a pm...

BallHawk
01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Also, if we play in Dallas it will be a high of 55 and a low of 37.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 04:27 PM

Packers have a 50/50 chance if the game's in Dallas, 85-90% chance if it's the Giants in GB.

I think the Pack has a 65% chance in Dallas and a 75% chance against NY at Lambeau.

I suppose a fan that bleeds green & gold has to go with the percentages and hope for a Giants win. I understand that. My blood is tainted with mischief, I want to see the Packers win the more glorious hard way, strictly for my personal amusement.

Take the path of least resistance. Giants in Lambeau and then play the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

awww, fuck no. Let um play the best! Damn, it's just a game. The sport is in being the best, beating the odds. I won't be that dissappointed if the Pack loses to Dallas or New England.

What a bunch of pussies around here. You'd think that your future Social Security checks were on the line here.

I have to say that NY is impressing me today. They certainly will be a worthy opponent if that's how it shakes out.

Bretsky
01-13-2008, 05:10 PM

I think the Pack has a 65% chance in Dallas and a 75% chance against NY at Lambeau.

I suppose a fan that bleeds green & gold has to go with the percentages and hope for a Giants win. I understand that. My blood is tainted with mischief, I want to see the Packers win the more glorious hard way, strictly for my personal amusement.

awww, fuck no. Let um play the best! Damn, it's just a game. The sport is in being the best, beating the odds. I won't be that dissappointed if the Pack loses to Dallas or New England.

What a bunch of pussies around here. You'd think that your future Social Security checks were on the line here.

I have to say that NY is impressing me today. They certainly will be a worthy opponent if that's how it shakes out.

I think you've gone bonkers HH :lol:

I'd say 35% in Dallas and 85% in Green Bay vs. the Giants

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 05:18 PM
14-14 at the half - not THAT much difference between Green Bay, Dallas and NY.
Giants and GB are peaking at the right time. (Dallas is a premature ejaculator? )

If you wanna be Muhammed Ali, you wanna fight Joe Frazier.

I think the Packers are the best team in the NFC right now.

Brohm
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
FUCK DALLAS! BOOYAH!

esoxx
01-13-2008, 08:55 PM

I said good day Sir!